Ernesto Valverde

serghei

I almost forgot that Pochettino is available. Lmao. Given him a 3 year contract and Xavi can pick up in 2022-23 :lol:

Good manager, but stylistically he trains counter attacking teams usually.

why only looking for 6 months? 6 months + an option to renew for a year.

Xavi won't be ready until 2021-02, and I don't want Koeman aka Valverde 2.0

What difference does 1 more year in Qatar or whatever makes for Xavi? You either give him a shot or not.

George_Costanza

What difference does 1 more year in Qatar or whatever makes for Xavi? You either give him a shot or not.

The difference is

maxresdefault.jpg

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Nah, Valverde is like a piece of shit on your shoe. Stood in it 2 years ago in Rome and still haven’t washed it off. It’s been getting stinkier ever since you left it there, need to wash that shit off ASAP, can’t risk keeping it on there 6 months longer, it’s already nearly ruined the shoes long term, maybe there’s a small chance the shoes can prevail once the shit’s gone.

So what you are saying is, that Valverde is a disgusting piece of shit.

Tackle

Luis Enrique: "There is a lot of speculation after the defeat, but I don't think anything has been done. The coaches know that football is risky. Valverde can still win several titles this season. He is one of the best Spanish coaches in the world and he's doing a great job, and I'm in solidarity with him."

Pep Guardiola: "Barcelona is a very special place where winning La Liga is not enough. I feel very sad for Ernesto Valverde, he doesn't deserve this. I hope the situation can be sorted soon."

serghei

Luis Enrique: "There is a lot of speculation after the defeat, but I don't think anything has been done. The coaches know that football is risky. Valverde can still win several titles this season. He is one of the best Spanish coaches in the world and he's doing a great job, and I'm in solidarity with him."

Pep Guardiola: "Barcelona is a very special place where winning La Liga is not enough. I feel very sad for Ernesto Valverde, he doesn't deserve this. I hope the situation can be sorted soon."

Fuck 'em both and their PR statements. Especially Pep and his 'Lahm is the smartest player I've ever seen', and 'Phil Foden is the biggest talent I've trained'.

George_Costanza

You always disliked and criticized Pep so why quote him now?

Raketa10

No one will take over for 6 months, at least no one respectable. Pimienta is basically our only choice right now.

serghei

No one will take over for 6 months, at least no one respectable. Pimienta is basically our only choice right now.

We need a good manager who's not a big name and is free to manage. You think if we ask Setien to manage Barca for 6 months he won't cut his overlong vacation short and step in?

Tackle

You always disliked and criticized Pep so why quote him now?

Aye.

I would take Pep over any coach not named Klopp in world football. Calling out some of the over the top glorification he receives from deluded Cruyffistas is not tantamount to saying I don't rate the bloke, which I obviously do.

Lovely insight from you as usual.

serghei

Setien is perfect for 6 months. He's basically a superior version of Valverde, so the transition should be quick.

KingLeo10

I don't understand how you don't get why I don't except your assessment of Hazard being a 'bum' when it's somewhat stupid to think of it in terms of pure stat return after a) the guy was injured after b) he was fat and c) he got better and then d) got a worse injury again while playing a great game. It's just and dumb counterpoint man. Hence why I attribute it to trolling, because I don't believe you want to have a serious conversation and just didn't like the original post I made about the Supercopa. Which is sad, because it feels like there's no room for conversation if you do this every time on football topics - just look for a fight.

And yes, I am trying to convince you otherwise. But you're dismissing it on the basis of what exactly? Not liking how I dismissed something else despite it being rather clear why it was dismissed?

#ad PS - I know. It's boring AF, zero pace to it. Atleti shithousing the entire first half. Just now Jović with two incredibly well worked chances. Still very unlucky. (bet you'd call him a bum too given he cost 60M, even if he only started 3 games eh?)

Definitely wasn't my intention to troll. Perhaps rustle feathers a little, but that's only because you're such an ardent RM fan on a Barca forum (no ill intentions and certainly don't want you to stop posting here). I reserve my actual trolling for the alt accounts and the occasional BBZ diatribe, lol.

In relation to some of your other points,

I don't think I'm reading your relative league strengths/positions right. You seem to argue 15/16 was a closer league but I would argue the league was closer in 18/19 (4 point difference to the 6 in 15/16 as you pointed out, BOTH teams being below par) and Perez likely pulled the trigger on Lope following the Clasico drubbing because he thought the 7 point swing was surmountable. I think that speaks to the importance of the Clasico result, does it not? In the case of Benitez, there's also the factor that he was a CL winning coach and one of the best coaches of the 00s, managing to win the league with Valencia. Maybe he'd earned a little more dignity but I find it hard to believe the 0-4 loss at home without a fit Messi didn't tank his cache/credibility at Madrid.

Raketa10

Setien is a joke. The same shit as Valverde. I would rather keep Valverde for 6 months and save the money. We all know this season is lost so save the money and start planing 2020/21 season together with our new manager (whoever that is).

KingLeo10

Fuck 'em both and their PR statements. Especially Pep and his 'Lahm is the smartest player I've ever seen', and 'Phil Foden is the biggest talent I've trained'.

This is why I prefer Kloppo to Pep these days.

Pep is much more flawed and frankly disingenuous. Maybe that's why his teams are soft in CL KOs. Players don't completely buy into his philosophy. Maybe fear, but not understanding.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans