Ernesto Valverde - V1

jairzinho

I expected that this will happen and I'm very glad that he is staying. He only needs more players to fit in his pragmatic tactical setup. Players like Griezmann will flourish under him, I'm sure. He is exactly the type of player he wants. Quick, agile, good on the ball, great finisher, good at heading. With him in the squad we can compete for the CL title. And La Liga and Copa are 90% ours in the next season. EV is impeccable in the league competition.

Mate, let's use some logic here.
Valgreen is 'impeccable' in the league because with Messi we can steamroll most La Liga teams.

The CL is a different matter. You just can't win with guesswork and one player.
That's why Valgreen gets exposed because Messi magic can only take you so far.

Howlgrana

I would go as far to say that Bart backing Valverde for another season is a decision that will be the onset of the terminal decline of this once great club. It was in the balance before but now it can only go one way.

The main issue for me is the style of football is terrible. Normally, you get away with that by being effective and getting results. But the results aren't there either as the displays in Europe have been diabolical away from home especially.

You cannot get worse football for a Barca side. I mean now we got Vidal in our team as first choice in big matches, VIDAL!! I don't care he gives 100%, he's not a Barca player. Cruyff would be spinning in his grave.

Last edited:
I want Valverde gone as much as the next guy but to hope we lose on purpose is such a loser mentality. Sometimes I seriously question our fan base. When the going gets tough (this is not tough at all) this fan base will be even more toxic than it already is.

The only good thing about Leo retiring will be that most of these types of people will stop following the club - hopefully for good.

Judoman

I want Valverde gone as much as the next guy but to hope we lose on purpose is such a loser mentality. Sometimes I seriously question our fan base. When the going gets tough (this is not tough at all) this fan base will be even more toxic than it already is.

This phenomenon is not limited to Barca fan base only. Xavi-Iniesta-Messi period brought a lot of "fans".

Howlgrana

The funniest thing is those defending EV for his pragmatic football and tactics - how do 3-0 and 4-0 ass-kickings in the CL fit in with that?

soul24rage

For me, it doesn't matter if we buy better players. Our team is managed by a guy who was given a second chance after that Roma fiasco and proved that he didn't learn anything from that Roma game by not knowing how to deal with teams who play a high intense press, not having a great plan from the start, and more importantly being reactive rather than being proactive in the big moments. EV relies heavily on individual talent (90% Messi) and I don't expect him to learn or change from the Liverpool game aka the Roma 2.0.

By some miracle, I hope we win the CL, but with this guy in charge, I don't see us winning it. Still outstands me that he doesn't have the humility to resign after those two humiliating defeats.

Judoman

By some miracle, I hope we win the CL, but with this guy in charge, I don't see us winning it. Still outstands me that he doesn't have the humility to resign after those two humiliating defeats.

Humility is very rare these days...
Specially if you re on a multi mil contract with players and board supporting you.

malvolio

Keep talking shit dude, Valverde is a complete fraud and a total failure so if we are an elite club why the fuck is he still in charge.

If you actually watch the games you'd notice we rely on Messi magic to win most of our games. If Madrid and athletico weren't rebuilding/total trash this year then we be looking at winning absolutely nothing this year. I have no issues with losing its the manner in which we play and lose that's an issue and blind 'supporters' like yourself either don't have the vision or conviction to call it out.

Did klopp have a billion dollar team + Messi? Or did he have trash and build a team to where they are now by implementing a system getting the right players etc. It's a joke that you think he wouldn't have made it here when a fraud like valaverde has according to you.
The rest of our post or either irrelevant or jibberesish so I won't waste my time replying to it on my phone.

you seem a little slow of mind so i'll explain it to you point by point.

why is not valverde sacked? because he is currently winning. if he would have lost the league he would surely have been sacked. that's how the board sees it. should they do otherwise? maybe yes. do me or you have a say in it? no.
maybe the board didn't put a clause in his contract to play tiki-taka football or win the CL.

would i like us to play nicer football? yes. do i have a say in it? nope.
all this bullshit about weak opponents in La Liga and how only the CL is the true measure to find out how great a team is has to stop. we trashed tottenham(while playing attacking football, oh the irony) and they now stand a chance to win the competition. so is the CL better or worse than the Liga?

i didn't say that klopp wouldn't have made it here. was just pointing out that here the results matter and you are not afforded that much time to build teams and/or fail. it goes for any manager that comes here. that's why valverde still has a job.

so in the end - you are a spoiled brat who would like barcelona to lose just so valverde gets the sack. wy not wish for us to go bankrupt or excluded by uefa from european competitions so that bartomeu gets thrown out of the club? seems like a great plan! :lol:

delancey

I know that many will criticize me for saying this, but I really do hope that we lose Copa del Rey to Valencia. I am so fed up of watching Valverde's pragmatic and defensive approach in games, coupled with a small-team mentality. What's the point of spending 100s of millions of Euro only to have them sit on the bench because our wonderful coach does not even know how to improve and integrate the wonderful attacking talent that we already have at our disposal? Anyone would do well coaching a team with these players - that is why we are so fortunate, we really do have one of the very best squads in the world. Unfortunately Valverde lacks the vision, talent, and leadership to carry out an attack-minded philosophy/approach that suits our club. He lacks balls! I don't care about losing if we play beautiful football, and I also think that is why many fans accept and continue to support Guardiola's defeats in the Champion's League. He has vision and implements this vision. He may not always win but at least he has strong values that he continues to believe in.

If I wanted a bus parking manager, I would be supporting Mourinho, not Valverde. Who the hell parks the bus with a star studded team anyway? A coward! The quality of the players is not the problem. The philosophy is the problem and unfortunately we have a president who does not believe it is important for us to play well. We can continue to buy the best players under Valverde, and nothing is going to change. #Valverdeout

Givenchy

I know that many will criticize me for saying this, but I really do hope that we lose Copa del Rey to Valencia. I am so fed up of watching Valverde's pragmatic and defensive approach in games, coupled with a small-team mentality. What's the point of spending 100s of millions of Euro only to have them sit on the bench because our wonderful coach does not even know how to improve and integrate the wonderful attacking talent that we already have at our disposal? Anyone would do well coaching a team with these players - that is why we are so fortunate, we really do have one of the very best squads in the world. Unfortunately Valverde lacks the vision, talent, and leadership to carry out an attack-minded philosophy/approach that suits our club. He lacks balls! I don't care about losing if we play beautiful football, and I also think that is why many fans accept and continue to support Guardiola's defeats in the Champion's League. He has vision and implements this vision. He may not always win but at least he has strong values that he continues to believe in.

If I wanted a bus parking manager, I would be supporting Mourinho, not Valverde. Who the hell parks the bus with a star studded team anyway? A coward! The quality of the players is not the problem. The philosophy is the problem and unfortunately we have a president who does not believe it is important for us to play well. We can continue to buy the best players under Valverde, and nothing is going to change. #Valverdeout

even if we lost 5-0 vs Valencia, this fraud isn't getting sacked. we are stuck with him for another year at the very least (if next season is another fuck up he'll leave during the summer as we are 'mes que un club' and don't sack midseason)

I have no idea how EV manages to get a job.. let alone the Barca manager role, the guy is a doofus and has no idea how to setup a football team. even our 'defensive' approach is more luck based than an actual system. the only way we get rid of EV is also to get rid of Alba, Busi and Suarez. 2 of them i'd happily sell right now

what annoys me the most is you see Klopp shouting at his players, the emotion and passion he shows them. at Barca you could put a cardboard cutout on the touchline and nothing would change, Ernie is like a soulless robot

messi2140

6racies Xavi
it's amazing how they all disappeared as one and haven't come back lmao

maybe all those accounts were run by one person :thinking:

For real Im seeing the same shit as last year after that Roma disaster. Majority went into hiding , then you have a few who stayed trying to shift the narrative. As time goes on a few will pop back up and try to downplay the disaster. Here is what I predict will happen next season , after a few good "results" most of the dickheads will be back telling you how great Valverde is and how you are a spoilt fan. This bullshit narrative will ramp up until March with Messi bailing this coward of a coach out and ultimately they wil disappear again after another CL disaster.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans