Ernesto Valverde - V1

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Probably best start to a season as far as I can remember while playing crappiest football.

I am more perplexed than anything. I mean we are obviously lucky but that can't be all of it. Against my judgement I hope it's not.

Neymessi

Probably best start to a season as far as I can remember while playing crappiest football.

And its the worse than playing shit and actually getting shit results because in that case everyonw would know where we actually are and improvements would be initiated but not now when EV and a lot of people are deluded and think we are actually good and get exposed truly soon.

Bilbao isn't even all that this season. 11th right now. We are in shambles.

Last edited:
I can't speak for anyone else, but personally I prefer to watch entertaining football every week over winning trophies. Trophies are nice and if they come while playing beautiful football, that's even better, but I watch football to be entertained first and foremost. If I find that after the match I'm leaving my T.V. feeling that I just wasted 1 hour and 45 minutes of my life I'm not too happy regardless of the result. Trophies are prizes given to teams at the end of the year and I'm not sure watching paint dry on the pitch for 10 months is a good trade off.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
CL can easily be won playing like this, you seem to forget the time when Italian teams went through entire CL winning 1-0 or at worse ties. CL is not won in October as well btw.

Italian teams were incredibly compact and clinical.

We've conceded only three goals in the league, but if you look at every game we've played, we concede several decent to great chances every game.

No comparison between this Barcelona and Italian teams of the past.

The CL is not won in October and no title is, but playing like this will only get back to haunt this team against the best European teams. I think we saw that pretty well last season. Difference between last season and now is that we have some luck going our way with some players like Umtiti and ter Stegen having got even better.

Good enough for La Liga like it was in 2012 and almost in 2013, but good enough in the CL? Nope.

henias

People are incredibly optimistic when it comes to results in La Liga against some of the shittiest teams but completely forgot Lucho has some overwhelming La Liga wins but ended up getting fully exposed and buttfked in the CL.

And I'm surprised that people actually called Pep a fraud in the past, but this man... this legend Valverde is on a whole complete level of fuckery. Given a big club and good squad like this, ANY manager would have been more than happy and would utilise them 10x better than Valverde does.

I dont see why he insists on such a defensive mindset, yet doesnt use some of the defensive players like Semedo in a 442 setup and insists on playing Gomes and Rakitic only to sacrifice Roberto in the RB position, even tho the 2 logheads are the least creative midfielders. We conceded a few good chances against a poor Bilbao, we clearly have no height advantage, poor midfield, even this is the worst kind of 442 I've ever seen. The plyers are not suited for this style, yet Valverde tries to hardwire and force it onto the players.

Luckily, Messi is very versatile and can play almost anywhere, in any style. The only players holding us up are Messi and Umtiti, and arguably Iniesta and Paulinho. Roberto shud be exposed more in the midfield as he is the most creative amongst the rest.

I wouldn't be surprised if he tears off his fake skin and reveals Lucho underneath. But then again, he's far worse than Lucho, he doesnt just pull a few stunts, he goes all the fking way: Poor player selection, poor assigning of positions, failure to utilise good and young players, late subs even tho players producing zero attacks, wrong tactics against the wrong teams, last of all, a fking one dimensional and linear mindset.

Can't wait for him to get absolutely exposed in the CL and see the same perplexed paralysed face, as if even he himself is trying to figure out what actually goes on in his empty head. Time to go, Valverde.

Last edited:

FC433

Good first half and the second half was very poor.

I still hope that he becomes successful. However, he needs to understand that 1) Suarez is not a winger, and 2) Suarez needs to rest. It is not punishment, just rest him for a few games.

Rakitic does not suit our style anymore. He was perfect for Luis's direct style. We had a rough summer, but that should be an excuse. We replaced Neymar and if he needed, but the board did not get what he wanted it is his fault.

I do not see a problem with him saying that the board did not get what he wanted because either way he is the one who is going to be blamed anyway.

Still we have got a long way to go and everything could change any moment.

Barcilliant

Lmao. I told people when this guy was appointed that he doesn't have a big club mentality. He is Mourinho without all the noise and controversy.

Shit line ups, bizzare formations,scared to bring through youth (this was supposed to be his strong point), afraid to drop big names, boring play... I'll just stop now. We will need Chelsea like luck to win a Cl, I can see PSG, City, Chelsea tearing us apart.

Givenchy

hes a yes-man which is perfect for Barto and his goons. they can continue signing average shite knowing Valverde won't question them. if a nutter like Bielsa was our manager he'd probably of physically assaulted Barto in that last month of the window :lol: Suarez, Pique and fucking Rakitic are starting off their names and reputation alone, he needs to show some balls and bench them.

for the first time in many many years I am bored of our football.. i usually stop everything im doing to watch a Barca game when i can but lately its on in the background. don't take that as me saying i don't love Barca or im not a true fan because 'were winning so be happy' this is mes que un club and we have a footballing identity.

M

MessiCam

Good first half and the second half was very poor.

I still hope that he becomes successful. However, he needs to understand that 1) Suarez is not a winger, and 2) Suarez needs to rest. It is not punishment, just rest him for a few games.

Rakitic does not suit our style anymore. He was perfect for Luis's direct style. We had a rough summer, but that should be an excuse. We replaced Neymar and if he needed, but the board did not get what he wanted it is his fault.

I do not see a problem with him saying that the board did not get what he wanted because either way he is the one who is going to be blamed anyway.

Still we have got a long way to go and everything could change any moment.
Suarez hasn’t played on the left since the Girona game. Valverde has completely abandoned our bread and butter 4-3-3 system which served us well against Alaves, Espanyol, Juventus and Eibar.

Along with Valverde’s defensive tendencies I strongly believe that it is because of Suárez and his inability to adapt to a False 9 system that we’re playing a flat 4-4-2 system now and still he is doing nothing. Even Busquets is lost in this system because he plays deep like in a 4-3-3 formation leaving a gaping hole in the centre of midfield.

We’re regressing, we’re not getting better. I mean who plays a lineup where the only pace is from the wing backs? Lol. It’s embarrassing.

Attachments

• 51C6BBD8-F34F-4A5A-97D1-F8069F3AA35B.jpg
    51C6BBD8-F34F-4A5A-97D1-F8069F3AA35B.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
People are incredibly optimistic when it comes to results in La Liga against some of the shittiest teams but completely forgot Lucho has some overwhelming La Liga wins but ended up getting fully exposed and buttfked in the CL.

And I'm surprised that people actually called Pep a fraud in the past, but this man... this legend Valverde is on a whole complete level of fuckery. Given a big club and good squad like this, ANY manager would have been more than happy and would utilise them 10x better than Valverde does.

I dont see why he insists on such a defensive mindset, yet doesnt use the some of the defensive players like Semedo in a 442 setup and insists on playing Gomes and Rakitic only to sacrifice Roberto in the RB position, even tho the 2 logheads are the least creative midfielders. We conceded a few good chances against a poor Bilbao, we clearly have no height advantage, poor midfield, even this is the worst kind of 442 I've ever seen. The plyers are not suited for this style, yet Valverde tries to hardwire and force it onto the players.

Luckily, Messi is very versatile and can play almost anywhere, in any style. The only players holding us up are Messi and Umtiti, and arguably Iniesta and Paulinho. Roberto shud be exposed more in the midfield as he is the most creative amongst the rest.

I wouldn't be surprised if he tears off his fake skin and reveals Lucho underneath. But then again, he's far worse than Lucho, he doesnt just pull a few stunts, he goes all the fking way: Poor player selection, poor assigning of positions, failure to utilise good and young players, late subs even tho players producing zero attacks, wrong tactics against the wrong teams, last of all, a fking one dimensional and linear mindset.

Can't wait for him to get absolutely exposed in the CL and see the same perplexed paralysed face, as if even he himself is trying to figure out what actually goes on in his empty head. Time to go, Valverde.

Good squad like this? We have the worst midfield in years, he is playing Iniesta in every match because others can't string two passes together. We have only 3 center backs of which one is off form and we have 2 long term injuries. You'll see the improvement in team play instantly when Iniesta returns, same happened last year when came off the bench after injury against RM. At least Lucho had Rafinha who was quite decent in midfield from time to time and now even he is injured.

Last edited:

henias

Good squad like this? We have the worst midfield in years, he is playing Iniesta in every match because others can't string two passes together. We have only 3 center backs of which one is off form and we have 2 long term injuries. You'll see the improvement in team play instantly when Iniesta returns, same happened last year when came off the bench after injury against RM. At least Lucho had Rafinha who was quite decent in midfield from time time and now even he is injured.

It's clearly not the worst. Lucho had it worst when he had no RB, and only had Gomes. And Iniesta was out of form last season. No Paulinho, no nothing. Now tat they solved the RB issue, Valverde actually went back to square one to the same Lucho squad tat were rigged with problems, with Roberto stuck at RB with a mediocre midfield. Rafinha was very decent and average, I dont see much potential in him. He didnt do jack shit except by scoring a one or two goals. Very inconsistent and injury prone as well. Roberto is clearly the most creative midfielder yet he's always stuck at RB. For Lucho its understandable, but for Valverde it's just dumb af when he is loaded with choices.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
It's clearly not the worst. Lucho had it worst when he had no RB, and only had Gomes. And Iniesta was out of form last season. No Paulinho, no nothing. Now tat they solved the RB issue, Valverde actually went back to square one to the same Lucho squad tat were rigged with problems, with Roberto stuck at RB with a mediocre midfield. Rafinha was very decent and average, I dont see much potential in him. He didnt do jack shit except by scoring a one or two goals. Very inconsistent and injury prone as well. Roberto is clearly the most creative midfielder yet he's always stuck at RB. For Lucho its understandable, but for Valverde it's just dumb af when he is loaded with choices.

So we added Paulinho and midfield should have improved? He can't control midfield the way Iniesta does, he just does fancy runs and in the box where is trying to score goals and the same is with Roberto.

Rafinha had some good games, including the comeback against PSG, at least he could pass.

henias

So we added Paulinho and midfield should have improved? He can't control midfield the way Iniesta does, he just does fancy runs and in the box where is trying to score goals and the same is with Roberto.

Rafinha had some good games, including the comeback against PSG, at least he could pass.

You clearly didnt read the whole thing and in absolutely no parts did I say ONLY adding Paulinho will imrpove the midfield. Maybe u shud try reading again before trying to refute my point.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
You clearly didnt read the whole thing and in absolutely no parts did I say ONLY adding Paulinho will imrpove the midfield. Maybe u shud try reading again before trying to refute my point.
Ok, so tell me who do you think would do better job than Valverde with this amazing squad?

Home of Barca Fans