Ernesto Valverde - V1

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
After this oscar worthy motivation post you end up saying "Feck it, I think it's 55-45 for Liverpool"

George-Costanza-OMG-Facepalm.gif
:lol:

George_Costanza

Sarcastic ? a lot of users think so.

Which answer can i say ? as soon as someone writes something for EV is a EV fanboy , or against him is a EV hater, and insults on either side.
For me it's not all Ev's fault, he has merits and demerits.
For me Dembele has proven nothing with Rennes and Dortmung to justify his price and his reputation as a wonder boy. For me Coutinho is overrated. For me both have been punic buys. For me till now both are absolutely below expectations.
EV's fault ? ok, it could be, not for me, but everyone has their own opinions.

Basically, you have adopted "Non-Aligned Movement" of Josip Broz Tito. Ok

Last edited:

serghei

After this oscar worthy motivation post you end up saying "Feck it, I think it's 55-45 for Liverpool"

George-Costanza-OMG-Facepalm.gif

55-45 is just because the decisive game is played in front of their own fans. The tie could go either way, but judging by the atmosphere here you'd think we're Porto playing Liverpool.

Still :lol: you're right. Normall follow-up would be 'we'll crush these bums' :lol:.

Joan

55-45 is just because the decisive game is played in front of their own fans. The tie could go either way, but judging by the atmosphere here you'd think we're Porto playing Liverpool.

Oh, worse. Alaves. Once they stop Messi.

I'd second that post at the top.

BBZ8800

So you are saying they are top WC players, but why they are good only 30% of times? Those two players played so well in their previous clubs under multiple different managers, but now even Denis can look better than Coutinho for example. Why?

I personally don't think that Dembele was THAT unreal in other clubs.
Not any more "unreal" and good than here on those days when he is on fire.

So, he is the same as in other, smaller clubs.
Coutinho does suck, though.

But then, Zlatan was a world class in other clubs and weaker here at Barca.
Does that mean that Pep is Pep-tardo also? If we apply the same logic as for Coutinho and EV?

Or, there is an option that someone sucks because he is a bad fit, mentally fragile and not ready to play here etc?

serghei

Does that mean that Pep is Pep-tardo also? If we apply the same logic as for Coutinho and EV?

Or, there is an option that someone sucks because he is a bad fit, mentally fragile and not ready to play here etc?

He wasn't. The difference is that he faces more defenders at Barcelona, since we play positional the most, whereas Dortmund played on transitions, in space (possession build-up vs quick counters). So he simply has to be more precise with his passing and dribbling, which he is failing at for the time being. Main problem is that both decision making and technical execution are inconsistent.

George_Costanza

Or, there is an option that someone sucks because he is a bad fit, mentally fragile and not ready to play here, etc?

I never said he was “unreal” so I tend to agree, although I'm a big fan of Dembele but he isn’t worth 120m when we bought him. This was my main argument in Joao Felix thread when someone argued Dembele was a WC or close to that level and my answer was he played for a club I never heard of before moving to BVB. But that was a few years ago, by now he should have matured better. Still, he is doing good and don’t say I'm biased, go read what neutral fans say about him now, even most Real Madrid fans think he is top 3 players for Barca.

Coutinho is another story, never wanted him here and I was ridiculed by some when I said he isn’t worth more than 80-90m before buying him. But even for 90m, he is beyond poor. Zlatan failed mainly for other reasons related to his personality on and off the pitch so can’t compare it to Coutinho. The reason you gave "bad fit or mentally fragile" has to be backed with evidence, what makes you say those things and what evidence you have? I can give you 20 examples of how Zlatan personality destroyed him from his first day flying to Barcelona asking for private Jet while Pep insisted he should come in a regular plane, you would know those two can't seem to get along.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Zlatan was a bad fit football wise not just personality wise. he doesn't contribute to the pressing game which is a key feature of guardiola's barca. the "genius" pep overlooked that and bought him anyway for 70m, and giving eto'o to inter. The reason he got rid of eto'o was because of a personality clash. ironically, he had a similar clash with Zlatan (who could have seen that coming? Zlatan is such a humble man) and even more ironically his side were dumped out by inter who used eto'o and the money to buy the final pieces of their team. Zlatan did fuck all in those semi final games.

George_Costanza

Zlatan was a bad fit football wise not just personality wise. he doesn't contribute to the pressing game which is a key feature of guardiola's barca. the "genius" pep overlooked that and bought him anyway for 70m, and giving eto'o to inter. The reason he got rid of eto'o was because of a personality clash. ironically, he had a similar clash with Zlatan (who could have seen that coming? Zlatan is such a humble man) and even more ironically his side were dumped out by inter who used eto'o and the money to buy the final pieces of their team. Zlatan did fuck all in those semi final games.

This excuse "bad fit" has been thrown a lot lately by Valverde's apologist started by BBZ and now picked up by the rest. Zlatan stated Barca very well, he was our best player first few months setting up a team record as the only player ever to score in his first five league matches. A player like this wasn't just "bad fit" for us like I said his ego and personality on and off the pitch was his downfall.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
he was a bad fit, he didn't contribute to the team pressing game. he also became redundant as messi moves to the false nine position. the next season villa came in, was a better fit both in terms of football (can make runs inside from wide areas, helps in pressing game) and personality. He got on well with the rest of the lads and knew them from playing together with the Spain team. he did better and helped barca win the CL.

A fun fact:
Valverde played 22 matches for Barca and scored 8 goals.
His goals per match ratio is higher than Dembele's, Coutinho's and Malcom's :lol:

Maybe this is why he doesn't like some of our players.
Because he was a better striker and he can recognize a quality :lol:

Ernesto as Barca's forward:

I remember reading an interview a few years ago with Cristiano and he was saying the reason he chose the number 7 shirt was because his footballing idol was Ernesto Valverde.

BBZ8800

I remember reading an interview a few years ago with Cristiano and he was saying the reason he chose the number 7 shirt was because his footballing idol was Ernesto Valverde.

True.

Also, fans around the world will agree that five best and the most influential players ever who wore a number 7 on their back were:
Cristiano-Ronaldo-Portugal-captain-696x464.jpg

DfvWQ24XkAAQSe5.jpg

beckham-cover.jpg

with-alexis-sanchez-to-wear-his-no7-shirt-we-remember-manchester-uniteds-maverick-superstar-eric-cantona.jpg

Aaaaand, of course :cool:
DBA1oi1XUAILzbn.jpg

jamrock

The best thing about us facing Liverpool compared to other teams is that Alba & semedo can probably match mane & Salah for pace.

Messigician

You may prove me wrong but it wasn't the Disaster VS Roma,the greatest mistake EV did last year was he gave the hope of Treble with a team having Gomes, Paulinho, Denis, Deulofeu, Paco, Vidal +

Here we go this season.

Home of Barca Fans