Ernesto Valverde - V1

henias

I still remember this guy running Iniesta to the ground and his legs obviously couldnt carry him no more in the late stages of CL. Burnt him in Liga and Copa. Will nvr forgive him for that. Even had the audacity to bring on Gomes.

serghei

Needs to figure out how to play Messi and Suarez without using the 4-4-2. 4-3-3 with Messi on the right or 4-3-2-1 with a double pivot are probably the only options. If we use Messi and Suarez up top and Messi lies around somewhere deep in the middle trying to go all Pirlo and shit, we don't have enough passing options.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Needs to figure out how to play Messi and Suarez without using the 4-4-2. 4-3-3 with Messi on the right or 4-3-2-1 with a double pivot are probably the only options.

It's probably going to be a 4-4-2 with Rakitic and Coutinho on the flanks :valverde:

DonAK

Not even joking. I can totally see this:

ter Stegen
Roberto - Pique - Umtiti - Alba

Rakitic - Busquets - Arthur - Coutinho

Messi - Suarez

Valverde will probably revert full-time to a 4-4-2 for balance purposes therefore having no place for Dembele or Malcom unless Arthur is benched and Rakitic moved back to the middle with Busquets.

It's shit. And it's been proven shit.

Yes, but Valverde doesn't know how to use a 4-3-3 so he'll probably play the formation and style he knows best.

A 4-2-3-1 would be too attacking for him.

serghei

Not even joking. I can totally see this:

ter Stegen
Roberto - Pique - Umtiti - Alba

Rakitic - Busquets - Arthur - Coutinho

Messi - Suarez

Valverde will probably revert full-time to a 4-4-2 for balance purposes therefore having no place for Dembele or Malcom unless Arthur is benched and Rakitic moved back to the middle with Busquets.

Yes, but Valverde doesn't know how to use a 4-3-3 so he'll probably play the formation and style he knows best.

A 4-2-3-1 would be too attacking for him.

Problem is Messi dropping deep often makes it a 4-5-1 actually, with as little as only Suarez as a target forward. This is why it takes us 85 mins to have a shot on target.

DonAK

Problem is Messi dropping deep often makes it a 4-5-1 actually, with as little as only Suarez as a target forward. This is why it takes us 85 mins to have a shot on target.

I'm not sure Valverde is the man to solve anything anyway. Can change to whichever system you want and it won't work unless the manager knows what he's doing.

Valverde also seem like the nice man the players won't turn against like they did against Lucho briefly. Just a soft man.

FCBfan22

His in-game managment is literary Deer And Headlights technique.

Pathetic. Watching the game now... How the fuck is he not sacked yet.

George_Costanza

He is making the same mistakes as last season. Start with conservative 4-2-2 formation until the last 10 minutes (when we lose), switch to attacking formation/bring in our wingers.

George_Costanza

giphy-downsized.gif

And this!

Home of Barca Fans