Ernesto Valverde - V1

FC433

It is really disappointing. Our defence needs a little bit of work. Busquets is starting to be a weak spot for us.

Pique and Busquets need to be simple and efficient. Never slow the game. And Valverde must realize that we need to play faster in order to break down opponents.

Fact: we cannot play an effective 433 with Messi. It is just a fact. As much as I want us to play with that formation, it is quite clear at this point.

I believe 442 is the ideal formation for us now or more 4213 (? is that even a formation:messi:)

Here (attacking):

Coutinho Suarez Dembele
Messi
Busquets Rakitic
Alba Umtiti Pique Roberto
Stegen

and here (defending):

Suarez Messi
Coutinho Busquets Rakitic Dembele
Alba Umtiti Pique Roberto
Stegen

But again, I believe that Busquets will struggle in this formation. It will eventually be either Busquets or Messi. One has to be benched.

Nothanks

I don't understand the dislike for bringing on arthur and vidal..

he is clearly experimenting with 4-2-3-1 / 4-2-4 variations by moving dembele on the right and coutinho on the left wing
it could not be done with busquets and rakitic together but MAYBE with vidal and arthur.

the attackers aren't going to change in a big match, it's always going to be messi suarez and dembele but the midfield was what was least convincing last season, as many of you cried so loudly all summer long about
so now he is trying something different with new players but people still bitch because malcom was in the bench?

xXKonan

It's early but I hope Malcom isn't on Valverde's shit list as some sort of message towards the Board he wasn't his signing.

serghei

It's early but I hope Malcom isn't on Valverde's shit list as some sort of message towards the Board he wasn't his signing.

True. We paid a lot of money for him and since the Gamper, when he did well and scored, he barely played any minutes.

Horatio

You're welcome
I don't understand the dislike for bringing on arthur and vidal..

I feel we had this discussion before but yeah....it's weird that people would criticize him for those subs. With such a lead it would make sense to give them minutes.

George_Costanza

I think this was posted in Suarez thread but got lost in translation. Respect to Suarez for what he said, but this is a major fuck up be the coach.

[tw]1036930456397246466[/tw]

Home of Barca Fans