Erling Braut Haaland

Andresito

Staff member
If you make your money from sell-on fees then why wouldn't you want to ship him to a club that might need to sell him off before long?

It'd be bold from Raiola to expect Barca will come to a point where they need to sell their biggest stars in a couple of years.

I think he'd rather sell young Haaland to another team and hope Madrid and Barca have the means to buy him in 4-5 years in a Cristiano/Bale type of transfer.

If he goes to Madrid or Barca he won't be sold unless he underperforms enormously.

JamDav1982

Placing Haaland at Barca for Raiola makes sense if Messi leaves.

Would most likely be the face of one of the 2/3 biggest brands in world football and have young players like Fati/Dembele either side of him and Pedri and FDJ behind him. If Barca then got a young DM they would be set for years in attack midfield.

There wouldnt be a team in world more set with young players than that.

Also would be a huge story to lead the post Messi Barca to success.

All that is assuming there is the funds to do it and Haaland doesnt fancy Madrid/EPL.

khaled_a_d

Fake news lol. We should know what kind of agent Raiola is by now.

You don't become one of the most powerful agents in the world by dealing with your friends. Barca are broke so Raiola has no incentive to become homies with us.

Mendes disagrees.
All agents have strong connections with some clubs more than others, and all would love to expand it.
Not saying it means Raiola wants Haland here, as he is currently his biggest star and he would want the absolute best for him.

serghei

Barca makes sense from a football perspective for Haaland. It's the biggest club in the biggest need for a no9 (if Madrid don't drop Mbappe), also assembling a new team to conquer Europe with. The bad side is the financial mess. It will take some astute management and planning to bring him at Barca under these conditions, with virtually every other big club that wants him being in a better position to meet the financial demands.

I don't see it. If he was South American maybe, considering that nearly every South American legend except Pele played for Barca at some point. But as it is, he doesn't strike me as someone who would place Barca as his dream move in front of teams from Premier League, or even Bayern.

Last edited:

FC433

^
having $$$$$ does not mean that they are willing to spend them. True, plenty of clubs can actually afford him, but very few are willing to put up with his/ agent's demands.

We have got a very good chance, I believe.

JerseyAddict

LoL

Barca just agreed (begging is better word) with City to pay 5m E fee for Eric Garcia next year...
And we are dreaming about Haaland. Possible 100m player.
If every cule in the world donates 10e maybe.

Laplacian

He is literally 20 years old. He can spend 5 years here and move to the EPL right before his prime hits. But yes I agree with you, if he was South American I'd be more optimistic. Then again we're going to have Laporta, Eto'o played under his tenure; Laporta strikes me as the dude that isn't obsessed with Barca DNA. Plus even if that wasn't the case, there aren't ANY high level players amongst young South American players right now. Which is fucking weird.

khaled_a_d

Barca just agreed (begging is better word) with City to pay 5m E fee for Eric Garcia next year...
And we are dreaming about Haaland. Possible 100m player.

So, we should pay 30M for Eric to prove we can pay 100M for Haland?
Garcia is 20 years old CB with 6 months left, already decided where he wants to go and isn't really that proven for City to ask more.

malvolio

So, we should pay 30M for Eric to prove we can pay 100M for Haland?
Garcia is 20 years old CB with 6 months left, already decided where he wants to go and isn't really that proven for City to ask more.

i wouldn't pay anything right now for garcia. season is already over anyway, why should we buy an unproven CB when we have already 2 of those?

khaled_a_d

i wouldn't pay anything right now for garcia. season is already over anyway, why should we buy an unproven CB when we have already 2 of those?

I would have preferred him on free too. But that proves further points, Eric Garcia price isn't an indication for club ability in the market.

Andresito

Staff member
Mendes disagrees.
All agents have strong connections with some clubs more than others, and all would love to expand it.
Not saying it means Raiola wants Haland here, as he is currently his biggest star and he would want the absolute best for him.

Yeah true. Mendes has a different approach as he almost literally has full control over transfers of some clubs, or at least is the first option to deal with sales/purchases.

To stay on topic. Haaland has many possibilites to join Barca, but it's the same with other clubs. I don't see why Raiola would prefer Barca ahead of any other club.

Laplacian

The prestige of bringing Barcelona back to its normal heights before he turns 25 might be huge. I can see that as a reason. He would get a Neymar-tier transfer saga if that happens.

Home of Barca Fans