Erling Haaland

JamDav1982

Imo it’s us, City and maybe Real who will get him and even Real don’t have a desperate need when Benz still there. Us and City have no starting no.9.

Real would bin Benzema for him.

Back to Lyon for him would think.

Real will push as hard as anyone for him.

Wouldnt even be surprised if he has chosen Real and all this tactics to get more money for him.

JamDav1982

Yeah, I see. Also, in Spain April Fool's day is actually in December.

This could also work in Laporta's favor. Looking like he's doing his best to get Haaland (which he probably is even if we won't get him in the end) to try and convince Messi to stay.

Also works in Laportas favour if drives up the costs of other clubs looking to sign him. Making City/Real pay more all helps.

This feels all a bit too set up... if real.

Porque

Also works in Laportas favour if drives up the costs of other clubs looking to sign him. Making City/Real pay more all helps.

Got a feeling Florentino will go for Mbappe. Benzema one more year then next on a free.

JamDav1982

Got a feeling Florentino will go for Mbappe. Benzema one more year then next on a free.

All the speculation is they want both but struggle to see how could pull that off and why two players who should be competing for Balondor want to play together but both idolise CR7 so never know.

Vilarrubi

What’s not real about it? Multiple reports saying it’s true. Them being in Barcelona is positive whichever way you look at it. Put it this way, I’d rather be in our shoes right now then a City/Real fan. If they’d been spotted there its advantage to them.

JamDav1982

What’s not real about it? Multiple reports saying it’s true. Them being in Barcelona is positive whichever way you look at it. Put it this way, I’d rather be in our shoes right now then a City/Real fan. If they’d been spotted there its advantage to them.

Just jesting due to the takes on it being April 1st.

Feels too set up for me and part of Raoila auction/pressure on other clubs to cough up more.

Fuck knows though as all guess work but dont see him at Barca.

Tackle

Right, this likely means very little in the grand scheme of where Haaland ends up, but it cannot be a bad thing. If it were Madrid meeting with them the forum would be in meltdown moaning about how Madrid have already got his signature secured and it's all over. Instead we've got a meeting and it's all staged supposedly.

Messi983

Raiola will surely visit Real and City too and we'll know when that will happen. It's in his interest to "negotiate publicly" as much as he can.

Wouldn't surprise me much if he'd be on his way to Madrid right after he's done talking with Laporta tbh.

Vilarrubi

Right, this likely means very little in the grand scheme of where Haaland ends up, but it cannot be a bad thing. If it were Madrid meeting with them the forum would be in meltdown moaning about how Madrid have already got his signature secured and it's all over. Instead we've got a meeting and it's all staged supposedly.

Yeah spot on.

Even if he doesn’t end up here it’s a good sign. Financial situation must not be as bad as some make out either.

Forum would be in meltdown if shoe was on other foot.

This is first comment about it on Madrid forum:

“This is true or 1 April ?

AS and Marca published it. I knew when Laporta elected that he will be troublesome for us.

Perez must not let that happens. Where da hell they got money for that operation? And why they meet with the player father as he still in contract and that not allowed”

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Looks like the meeting happened already (2 hrs in length). Early word, purportedly, is that it went well and the signing is seen as possible

As others have mentioned, the rumours are that all the suitors will present their project to Mino & Haaland Sr. before evaluating which to choose. Laporta went first, will it be enough to convince from the start? We'll see

Home of Barca Fans