Erling Braut Haaland

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Imagine letting Messi dunk on you with a header in a CL final.

gettyimages-88012955.jpg

:lol::lol:

uffff that header, i remember when before the match people said that Messi cant score headers :lol: They were quiet after the match.

BarcaOG

Banned
imagine letting lionel freaking messi, who is shorter than i am (slightly) score a freaking header against Van der Sar, Ferdinand and Vidic

:lol: :lol:

Bulgroz

Oh btw Proper, since you used it as one of your main point as to why Utd is doing great right now: yeah, they scored more than any other team in EPL this season. You know who else scored more goals than any other team in the league so far? Barca. With a bigger margin over the second best team actually. And a better average goal scored than Utd. But apparently one of those two teams is the next big thing while the other is in complete shamble. (once again, I'm not a Barca fan, and I do think Barca needs several important players to compete in UCL again... But so does Utd).

behindbrowneyes

imagine letting lionel freaking messi, who is shorter than i am (slightly) score a freaking header against Van der Sar, Ferdinand and Vidic

:lol: :lol:

Jokes aside, that CL win can't be rated high enough. Ferdinand and Vidic had a great season back then, easily the best CB duo in the world that year.

serghei

agreed. i was looking at that pic then realized i can't really think of a CB duo in recent times that even comes close to them

I think Pique - Puyol, Varane - Ramos come close or are on par. No other does though in the last 10-15 years.

I think Milan had a better one in early 00s. Nesta - Maldini.

JamDav1982

Terry/Carvalho was very strong for Chelsea even if didnt win the CL.

In EPL those two are up there with Vidic/Ferdinand as partnership.

serghei

Chelsea's with Terry and Carvalho completes the top 5 of the last 20 years. Pique - Mascherano and Ramos - Pepe are other top ones too.

KingLeo10

1) Nesta - Maldini
2) Ferdinand - Vidic
3) Puyol - Pique
4) Ramos - Pepe
5) Carvalho - Terry

Also, Barcelona - United 2009 was arguably the most star studded CL final ever. Prime Messi and CR7. Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, Alves, Henry, Eto'o, Pique, Rooney, Tevez, Scholes, Giggs, Ferdinand, Vidic, Carrick, Evra, Van Der Saar.

khaled_a_d

Messi Leaving, financial situation, rebuild with youngsters and too many old plainly bad players a coach that doesn't seem to be well liked.

Messi leaving, if happened, could actually make us even more attractive for a player like Haland.
This will immediately be "his team" and he will be the heir to the number 10 throne
If Real find a way to sign Mpabbe, it will be even more attractive for him, as he knows already he is his current rival from his generation, and they would earn shit load of money if they revive the classico rivalry against each other.

But at the end, it is all about finance.
If we can afford him, and make a big deal, we stand a strong chance (assuming next board is competent), if we can't afford him then it is worthless discussion.

Birdy

Messi leaving, if happened, could actually make us even more attractive for a player like Haland.
This will immediately be "his team" and he will be the heir to the number 10 throne
If Real find a way to sign Mpabbe, it will be even more attractive for him, as he knows already he is his current rival from his generation, and they would earn shit load of money if they revive the classico rivalry against each other.

But at the end, it is all about finance.
If we can afford him, and make a big deal, we stand a strong chance (assuming next board is competent), if we can't afford him then it is worthless discussion.

If he has any sense in him, he will opt an EPL team to join, City or Liverpool most likely.
Let's stop dreaming about him. The chance are minimal even if Messi goes...
The best that can happen to Barca is if his move creates a domino effect of other transfer that might push a decent attacker to join Barca

Home of Barca Fans