Eric Bailly

JamDav1982

Two completely different opinions. Can we get a third opinion from someone else? I have not really watched the game.

Hes not been bad but not great, still seems to rush clearances and get caught out of position a bit.

Has raw attributes to get better though and wouldnt write him off completely. But in no way to me looks ever being a top level CB.

Leo_Messi

Hes not been bad but not great, still seems to rush clearances and get caught out of position a bit.

Has raw attributes to get better though and wouldnt write him off completely. But in no way to me looks ever being a top level CB.

Is it not too early to make such a bombastic claim? We are talking about a 20 year old defender that has played 15 games on the highest level or so to date.

Of course he is still raw but I think that it speaks volume that he is able to play from the start in such a game. As well as the one against RM. He has played 3 games for Villarreal or so in total.

JamDav1982

Is it not too early to make such a bombastic claim? We are talking about a 20 year old defender that has played 15 games on the highest level or so to date.

Of course he is still raw but I think that it speaks volume that he is able to play from the start in such a game. As well as the one against RM. He has played 3 games for Villarreal or so in total.

Its my opinion on him!

If I am wrong then fair enough it will be shown in time.

Leo_Messi

Its my opinion on him!

If I am wrong then fair enough it will be shown in time.

I get that but I don't understand how anyone that has watched him a few times at most can reach such a bombastic conclusion. It's not like he is a 28 year old established defender. He is a 20 year old kid that played in the Segunda División B 6 months ago. RM and Sevilla are hardly easy opponents either.

Anyway I first reacted to the two drastically different views of Bailly's performance tonight.

No need to drag this on further.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I get that but I don't understand how anyone that has watched him a few times at most can reach such a bombastic conclusion. It's not like he is a 28 year old established defender. He is a 20 year old kid that played in the Segunda División B 6 months ago. RM and Sevilla are hardly easy opponents either.

Anyway I first reacted to the two drastically different views of Bailly's performance tonight.

No need to drag this on further.

I have watched him as much as you will have and we both seem to have different opinions of how good he can be.

Time will tell. No big deal.

Leo_Messi

I have watched him as much as you will have and we both seem to have different opinions of how good he can be.

Time will tell. No big deal.

How the hell do you know how much I have watched Bailly? Based on our previous discussion in this very thread then it became known that I have watched him more often than you have. You even admitted this yourself.

Of course.

JamDav1982

How the hell do you know how much I have watched Bailly? Based on our previous discussion in this very thread then it became known that I have watched him more often than you have. You even admitted this yourself.

Of course.

It was this thread and I never mentioned how much I had watched him.... you just seemed to assume you have watched him more than anyone else for some reason.

I never 'admitted' anything about not having watched him.

MasChe

watched the game yesterday, on and off though, but he looked very good to me.
So if we are getting a CB this season, I'd like him.

J

Jamie Cal

Yeah, he was excellent and has been for the most of the season. His reading of the game and ball-winning was superb. Can see him being a big name in another 2 or 3 years.

Messi983

He first impressed me in that Espanyol game against us and I've been watching him regularly since he joined Villarreal last year. He's one of my favourite young CBs around. There are not a lot of rumours about us being interested in him lately but I really hope he's on our shortlist. For me he has potential to be just as good if not better than Laporte or Marquinhos and we could get him for half their prices. Only bad thing is we'd lose him for almost two months every second season because of African Cup of Nations.

Home of Barca Fans