Eric Abidal

numero

Abidal Barca TV: "In recent months I have suffered a lot. Wanted to renew. Many questions and I got zero response.I didn't want to leave."

Abidal Barca TV: "I'm sad that I have to go.But happy for everything that I've achieved here in six years."

:cry: :cry:

KhaledBarca

BLskbzdCAAAeruo.png:large

Rival

Abidal: "I've decided, together with my wife, that in the future we'll live in Barcelona. When I retire, we'll return to Catalonia."

We'll see you soon, Abi. :)

B

beautifulgame

Abidal Barca TV: "In recent months I have suffered a lot. Wanted to renew. Many questions and I got zero response.I didn't want to leave."

Abidal Barca TV: "I'm sad that I have to go.But happy for everything that I've achieved here in six years."

:cry: :cry:

Wtf is goin on man

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Abidal: "I've decided, together with my wife, that in the future we'll live in Barcelona. When I retire, we'll return to Catalonia."

We'll see you soon, Abi. :)

I hope Abi will take up a position in the Barca management in the future.

Aasim

Bumbleman
You can tell he wanted to stay so much. That to me is the worst thing.

If he had indicated he wanted playing time he couldn't be guaranteed, then I feel he would have accepted a non-renewal. But he is/was SO desperate to stay which means that it has nothing to do with demanding minutes but just wanting to stay and help out wherever. Couldn't Tito not play him in the early rounds of the Copa? or against weak La Liga teams? I'm sure he would have accepted that.

Bullshit decision.

mobster_1930

A couple of sad, but true facts :

- Abidal is 34
- He had a liver transplant
- He played max. 30 matches in the last two years
- We have Alba who fitted in perfectly
- We are definitely going to buy a new center back

It's just not logical to keep him in the squad, because his contribution would be really small. You need to follow logic and reason in football, not sentiment, sadly. It is really simple. I doubt he will get a lot of playing time in his next club, but I do hope he will prove the club was wrong to sell him, which is still really unlikely. The bottom line is that club treated him well, I don't think there is no bad feeling for club from Abidal's side and I would like to see him back at Barca as club ambassador or even some kind of coach etc.

A couple of sad, but true facts :

- Abidal is 34
- He had a liver transplant
- He played max. 30 matches in the last two years
- We have Alba who fitted in perfectly
- We are definitely going to buy a new center back

It's just not logical to keep him in the squad, because his contribution would be really small. You need to follow logic and reason in football, not sentiment, sadly. It is really simple. I doubt he will get a lot of playing time in his next club, but I do hope he will prove the club was wrong to sell him, which is still really unlikely. The bottom line is that club treated him well, I don't think there is no bad feeling for club from Abidal's side and I would like to see him back at Barca as club ambassador or even some kind of coach etc.

Yeah, sad but true :(
I'm not THAT pissed about this, but I also hope he proves the club wrong.

Btw, didn't the club offer to give him some kind of ambassadorial job after he retires? I don't think the club treated him too badly. Could have been better, could have been worse imo.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans