Eric Abidal

M

mitkoa7x

Would be brillliant if he can, however he is not getting any younger and I really hope he makes a full recovery but Barcelona are paying him £80,000 plus wages IIRC and for someone is not playing is a lot

At this point I dont care whether he plays or not, I just want him to recover and live his life normally. Playing for us again would be a huge bonus.

Theconomist

People still don't seem to realise that Abidal simply cannot play professional football again and may only have another decade or so to live.

pediatric liver transplant one-year survival rate is about 85 percent

The survival rate for adult and pediatric liver transplant at five years is about 80 percent.

The guy will be a bit too worried to not be in the 15/20 percent that do not make it to think about playing football again.

Miracle scenario is he recovers well and it takes a year to a year and a half to judge the success of the transplant and gets a youth coach job at Barca or something similar. I am sure his lawyers have figured out something with the club in regards to his contract.

He has a 1 year contract left which isn't that bad financially but considering he won't play football and a move to China/Middle East/USA to get a money cushion until his late 30s is out of the cards I hope he has his financial situation sorted.

Unfortunately when people talk about the ammounts of money footballers get they often fail to take into consideration these kind of things. Remember Marco Van Basten? He went from one of the highest paid footballers to almost bankrupt in 5 years following his injury.

Lucas_1993

He does not look so good, I agree, as people say, most important thing is for him to make a full recovery. Shame though, as he was a magnificent defender for Barcelona who put in brilliant performances LB and CB

Meitux

now that he wasnt playing we all understoond how important he is for this team and there isnt any left back like him KING ERIC

Home of Barca Fans