Enzo Fernández

BBZ8800

Benfica had no say. Chelsea paid his release clause.

Ok

Still, his worth will only go down from now on.

Someone might pay huge for him in 6 or 12 Months.
But if he'll play bad in two big clubs in a row, he is done.

Joao Felix 2

vegitot

He plays well but problem is always the price. Being the most expensive midfielder in history, obviously playing well isn't enough. You must be a talis man that can win games for your team.

Enzo won't be that kind of midfielder.

jamrock

I would love for all those players who went to Chelsea to fail, just running after big money is never a good thing, especially when you have WC talent.

But I still like this mofo.

Yannik

I just don't see it yet, at least not in the games I've seen. I get he's not the flashy type, but then I don't see him stabilizing Chelseas midfield either. Maybe he's being misused in that defensive mid role, it feels like opponents are walking right thru him whenever they have the ball and he shows up for the challenge.

Iniesta Ultra

Chelsea's xG's well more than double their goals after WC. I didn't realize till yesterday Auba hasn't been injured and Potter's yet to give him a start with the new winter signings. Assuming Auba hasn't reverted to his Arsenal ways it's insane Potter's still sticking with Havertz.

BBZ8800

Lol they are different types of players. It's like comparing Kroos and Gerrard.

Hopefully, this video can help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bA-Qa489mA

Regarding the video:
1. Enzo hasn't prove himself on the top club competition level
2. The same as Joao Felux, he played only at Portugal. When he moved to a stronger league, he never replicated his numbers
3. Apart from that, Enzo only played well at a Wc, where the whole Argentinian team played at 120%, and some would say that they were pushed by Qataris and FIFA.
Also, never forget that even Ferran Torres played good for NT team.
In the NT team, tactics are bad, teams are without chemistry and it is more about motivation, individual skills and luck.

All in all, on a club level of football, all we can say for now is:
1. He played well in Portugal
2. He plays meh for Chelsea

Similar cases for now:
Luis Diaz, Liverpool
Semedo, Barcelona
Trincao, Barcelona
Darwin Nunez, Liverpool
Joao Felix, Atletico
Renato Sanchez, Bayern

Of course, some have made it, like Bruno Fernandes.
But a way bigger percentage of midfielders and attackers from Portuguese league = struggled in top clubs.

At Barca, for example players who came straight from Portugal: Trincao, Semedo, Quaresma, Simao Sabrosa.
Only Deco was a success.
But he was already 27.
All other younger signings from Portugal were sold after 1-2 seasons.

Buying young expensive attackers from Portugal is a huge hit and miss.
Mostly a miss.

Last edited:

soul24rage

Most of the points are not really relevant to the main topic which is how Enzo and Bellingham plays, but I'll address some points.

Regarding the video: Video is only there to differentiate how Enzo plays and how it's different to how Bellingham plays
1. Enzo hasn't prove himself on the top club competition level. True. You have to take consideration that he still hasn't completed his 1st season in Europe and even moved to a new country, club mid-season
2. The same as Joao Felux, he played only at Portugal. When he moved to a stronger league, he never replicated his numbers Thought that he moving to ATM and Chelsea are the not the right fit for him, but that's another story
3. Apart from that, Enzo only played well at a Wc, where the whole Argentinian team played at 120%, and some would say that they were pushed by Qataris and FIFA. Enzo made his debut in Sept. 2022 and the fact how he adapted to the team so quickly is incredible in itself at a young age. For the pushing part from Qatar and FIFA, I know your opinion of this so not gonna argue about that
Also, never forget that even Ferran Torres played good for NT team. Not interested in this discussion
In the NT team, tactics are bad, teams are without chemistry and it is more about motivation, individual skills and luck. Agree tactics are inferior at international lvl, but I'd say the mental pressure is a lot heavier as you are fighting for your country.

All in all, on a club level of football, all we can say for now is:
1. He played well in Portugal
2. He plays meh for Chelsea. I'd say he's playing above average and can do better right now. Feel that he should have moved to Man Utd tbh if he wanted to go to the Prem, but let's give him a shot. He only played 5 games for Chelsea

Similar cases for now:
Luis Diaz, Liverpool
Semedo, Barcelona
Trincao, Barcelona
Darwin Nunez, Liverpool
Joao Felix, Atletico
Renato Sanchez, Bayern

Of course, some have made it, like Bruno Fernandes.
But a way bigger percentage of midfielders and attackers from Portuguese league = struggled in top clubs.

At Barca, for example players who came straight from Portugal: Trincao, Semedo, Quaresma, Simao Sabrosa.
Only Deco was a success.
But he was already 27.
All other younger signings from Portugal were sold after 1-2 seasons.

Buying young expensive attackers from Portugal is a huge hit and miss.
Mostly a miss.

bastardo

He?s actually good but he plays more like a Kroos who controls tempos and spraying final passes. I predict he will get media criticism from the English media purely because he won?t get the needed G/A numbers needed to justify his 120m price tag because he?s just not that player.

Home of Barca Fans