England

Ghosting

I wonder if Cahill would have been the better choice.......

Cahill or Hart. Rooney is not a role model, he loses his head far too often and doesn't perform in big games.

But oh well, when you have Colback, Rose, Delph, Miner, Townsend, Welbeck in the squad we really are gonna be terrible whoever's captain

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Cahill or Hart. Rooney is not a role model, he loses his head far too often and doesn't perform in big games.

But oh well, when you have Colback, Rose, Delph, Miner, Townsend, Welbeck in the squad we really are gonna be terrible whoever's captain

Yeah, that's what I thought. Rooney is hardly the ideal captain.

Btw, I heard Hodgson called Jack Colback for the Ginger Pirlo :VdB:

Jenks

Got to be the weakest England squad I've ever seen. I don't mind using young(er) players but we risk not qualifying at all with some of the picks.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Got to be the weakest England squad I've ever seen. I don't mind using young(er) players but we risk not qualifying at all with some of the picks.

You should qualify in that group, even with those players.

Ghosting

Yeah, that's what I thought. Rooney is hardly the ideal captain.

Btw, I heard Hodgson called Jack Colback for the Ginger Pirlo :VdB:

What he actually said was someone told him he was like the ginger pirlo, which in many respects is worse, cos that shows Hodgson himself has no opinions on the player.

Bucky

Penya Member
fml this is so boring watching this game... I haven't watched England properly in years and I can see why. Everyone keeps going on how bad they are, I didn't realise just how bad.

How on earth are some of these players in the "top clubs" in the Prem is beyond me. Over rated, over paid and on a ridiculous wage. No idea what's going on in Delph's head (probably nothing much & he doesn't know either). Wilshere is having an atrocious game but isn't that just how he is for England? Forwards are freaking pathetic too. Rooney has a crap shot for England, no one seems to have any ball control what so ever either.

Think I'm going to go wash my face on a brick wall and shave my eyes. Would be a lot more enjoyable than endure this for another 45 minutes.

Unbiased United

fml this is so boring watching this game... I haven't watched England properly in years and I can see why. Everyone keeps going on how bad they are, I didn't realise just how bad.

How on earth are some of these players in the "top clubs" in the Prem is beyond me. Over rated, over paid and on a ridiculous wage. No idea what's going on in Delph's head (probably nothing much & he doesn't know either). Wilshere is having an atrocious game but isn't that just how he is for England? Forwards are freaking pathetic too. Rooney has a crap shot for England, no one seems to have any ball control what so ever either.

Think I'm going to go wash my face on a brick wall and shave my eyes. Would be a lot more enjoyable than endure this for another 45 minutes.

England are obviously nowhere near as bad as you're making out...Problem is we just aren't very good either. Your point about the players is wrong, most of them are clearly proven at club level. The problem is the expectation at International level, which you can only really appreciate if you are in England. The players feel constant pressure to deliver and get slaughtered off the press when they don't. It's been that way for years.

Not a very enjoyable game tonight, and it rarely is with England to be fair. We weren't bad though, and got a good win away against a decent team.

BarcaVillain

England are obviously nowhere near as bad as you're making out...Problem is we just aren't very good either. Your point about the players is wrong, most of them are clearly proven at club level. The problem is the expectation at International level, which you can only really appreciate if you are in England. The players feel constant pressure to deliver and get slaughtered off the press when they don't. It's been that way for years.

Not a very enjoyable game tonight, and it rarely is with England to be fair. We weren't bad though, and got a good win away against a decent team.

Well, a balanced view on England? Those are hard to come by.

Thought we played alright tonight, clearly the better side and deserved the points. I thought Delph was excellent (after a somewhat excitable start), especially taking into account it was his first international start. It's something to build on after another dreadful tournament.

Jenks

I thought we were fairly sloppy and disjointed, and could have easily been down to 10 or 9 men, but we found a way to win which is the important thing. It's clear to me that Hodgson isn't the man to lead us forward, but I don't think the FA will sack him before the Euros barring something crazy happening. Interesting that Wilshere has said he's going to study that holding role by watching videos of Pirlo and the like, so the diamond may be here to stay.

PaulTaylor

Englang are like Portugal just now Both Have a great squad (compared to the rest of there group) but don't play well or look convincing when they win against the decent teams in the group

Bucky

Penya Member

Actually they were awful in the first half and then got their s*** together in the second.

Anyone with football knowledge could see they were shambolic in the first half mate. That is the problem, they play well for their club (which actually could be blind sided by the fact they're surrounded by foreign players and assisted) but complete choke artist on an international stage. Basically they get exposed for just how crap they are when they play together. It's been that way for my entire life, constant expectation to only be disappointed, however over the years it has gradually got worse and worse.

The second half was much more enjoyable and showed we do have some fight in us. The pace up front came alive, that last goal, beautiful.

Unbiased United

Actually they were awful in the first half and then got their s*** together in the second.

Anyone with football knowledge could see they were shambolic in the first half mate. That is the problem, they play well for their club (which actually could be blind sided by the fact they're surrounded by foreign players and assisted) but complete choke artist on an international stage. Basically they get exposed for just how crap they are when they play together. It's been that way for my entire life, constant expectation to only be disappointed, however over the years it has gradually got worse and worse.

The second half was much more enjoyable and showed we do have some fight in us. The pace up front came alive, that last goal, beautiful.

You're still being dramatic.

If you'd said we were uninspiring and dull in the first half I could agree with you, but we weren't awful and in truth didn't do much wrong. There was absolutely nothing 'shambolic' in the slightest.

I'd say the problem is the expectation you seem to have. I accepted long ago that whilst we are a decent team, perhaps even a good one on our day, we don't have the players/infrastructure/confidence to challenge the very best. Accept that and you'll start to see the games for what they really are, rather than let the overwhelming expectation manifest itself negatively in your posts.

We won 2-0 away from home against our main rivals in the group. Good result.

Home of Barca Fans