EL Round 16: Galatasaray - Barcelona 1-2 agg.

Gari

Rotation is good, but you need to play the main team. Memphis, Torres, Adam and we are without forwards. Buses are opened by speed. Midfield is chaotic, no structure. Bad first half.

Masetro10

As for tonight, needs to come at half time. Ferran or Adama too, need Aubameyang up top asap. Depay can stay LW, he's been the only one good so far.

Adama is only every going to be as good as his center forward. He isn't a threat to score just a threat to deliver crosses after beating his man. Torres has been terrible so in effect Adama hasn't been doing much besides dribble around. If Auba comes in Adama may look god tier again.

Zidane82

Nico is a talented midfielder.. very young and still learning.

He is better as a last 30 minutes substitute imho

FinBarcelonafan

Adama is only every going to be as good as his center forward. He isn't a threat to score just a threat to deliver crosses after beating his man. Torres has been terrible so in effect Adama has been doing much besides dribble around. If Auba comes in Adama may look god tier again.

Exactly. Adama needs his striker. He won't be scoring goals but crossing/passing.

Zidane82

As someone just said- no cohesion in midfield that?s because there?s no Busqs .

Also missing the cutting edge of Aubameyang imho

I?d bring Busqs , Aub and Dembele on

Masetro10

I mean if you're going to play Nico at least try him in DM. Why? Because FDJ is wasted at DM and Nico is never going to be a consistent starter over Pedri, Gavi, FDJ. He just may at DM though if he takes to the role.

gregorrin10

3 subs at half time, well done Xavi. He needed to react. Why Pique though, and no Auba?

edit: Araujo probably rested and maybe that was Xavi's plan before the game already, to give both his first options one half of rest. Excited to finally see Adama and Dembele both on the pitch at the same time on either wing.

gregorrin10

I mean if you're going to play Nico at least try him in DM. Why? Because FDJ is wasted at DM and Nico is never going to be a consistent starter over Pedri, Gavi, FDJ. He just may at DM though if he takes to the role.

Yeah, really confused as to why we keep playing Nico at CM, for me he never fit there. His height and his ruggedness and going hard into tackles makes him a much more suitable CDM. Stop looking to FDJ for that and just give him the freedom to roam at CM, he's clearly more threatening going forward than Nico, plus Nico can't play CM, so it's perfect to just switch their positions around and start training Nico as the lone CDM.

Zidane82

That foul on Adema was far worse than Depays in the first half .. Depay was booked but their defender wasn?t even spoken to even thigh it would have been a second yellow !

Home of Barca Fans