EL Quarter Final: FC Barcelona - Eintracht Frankfurt 3-4 agg.

BerkeleyBernie

Ferran: When we got here, we noticed the grass on the pitch wasnt in the best condition but thats NOT an excuse.

Xavi Hernandez: Its a difficult rival, physical, coming out like demons on the counter and we havent known how to stop those transitions. We havent been fine in the circulation of the ball either. The pitch wasnt great, but we got a decent result.

Eric Garcia: Given the pressure and the condition of the grass, this is not a bad result.

LMAO. Classic Barca whining about the pitch as a way to semi explain their piss poor performance.

Unless Xavi literally said before the game "Don't pass the ball on the ground, it sucks" the grass had zero effect on the game. Barca was playing mostly 20 yard or longer passes and missing a shocking number of them.

Frankfort, on the other hand, had no problem stringing nice series of passes together.

FinBarcelonafan

Unless Xavi literally said before the game "Don't pass the ball on the ground, it sucks" the grass had zero effect on the game. Barca was playing mostly 20 yard or longer passes and missing a shocking number of them.

Frankfort, on the other hand, had no problem stringing nice series of passes together.

Would they make that many long passes at camp Nou? Most likely not. It did affect the game.

Camp Nou we will pass through their press.(on the ground)

ajnotkeith

Would they make that many long passes at camp Nou? Most likely not. It did affect the game.

The more we complain about it the more we are hanging a sign on our backs saying 'GROW YOUR GRASS LONG FOR BARCA' because we can't play with shit grass.

Maybe next week Levante's turf will suck too.

FinBarcelonafan

The more we complain about it the more we are hanging a sign on our backs saying 'GROW YOUR GRASS LONG FOR BARCA' because we can't play with shit grass.

Maybe next week Levante's turf will suck too.

True. Sadly we will always be easily manipulated because of the way we play. Every team should have the self-respect to have the best possible pitch to play on though.

Messi983

We will probably deal better with their press because Frenkie will start.

Still, given he was aware this tie will be decided at Camp Nou I think Xavi made a good decision to give rest to FDJ and Dembele. I would obviously think different right now if we'd lose something like 3-0 though, lol.

OGbarca

Banned
i thought EF had a couple of spells of really good football. their #15, Katuma? (japanese i think?) i thought played delightfully. would love to see someone like him in barca colours

we finished strongly though and i think we can win the tie in the camp nou if we keep that up.

Ferran is an enigma for me: he blows some chances in the most amateurish ways yet he is scoring consistently. well, age is on his side so this is something that can always improve

i am shocked to say this but i also thought Lenglet played a composed and reliable game

pedri motm for me

Why shouldn't they?

The phrase to come to mind of the loss Bayern had in the cup final in 2018? against Frankfurt is "Schlag lang, Bruder" - Boateng to Rebic or Rebic to Boateng to kick it long. Frankfurt is a team that really can be hard to play against for teams like Bayern or Barcelona - not always but sometimes. They fight hard - often near the limit so you need a referee that "helps" you a little bit - and on their day score easily - not just counters but very good set-pieces, too.

Birdy

For the return leg, I would go for certain tweaks:

FDJ needs to play the whole game, but he should be retreated close to Busi, and from there to make start deep runs.
Kinda of the role he played against Atletico in February, and not the role he played lately against RM in a more advanced positioning
His presence in the area where Eintrach would wanna start transitions is crucial.

Then, Araujo at CB is a MUST. The game was crying yesterday for his qualities there.
If Pique is healthy, next to him, or else Eric

Then, Mingueza should play RB. Yeah, I know what you think, but given the absence of Dest, we cannot sacrifice Araujo again.
Besides, he had a good game against Napoli at home, the last time he played in similar setting

---------MATS--
Ming-Arauj-Pique-Alba
---------Busi-----------
-----Pedri----FDJ------
Demb---Auba---Ferran

Birdy

There was a pentagonal block down the middle, by Frankfurt yesterday:

FP0K2PXXoAAyb3O

FP0LrsvWUAQTkcm

That's how they made their steals, and why we couldn't progress the ball through Busi

That can be amended with FDJ low close to Busi (both in progressing the ball, and preventing counters)

Andresito

Staff member
Looks like plenty of sections of Camp Nou are sold out. We had 76k against Sevilla. Hoping we can beat this season's record of 86k vs Madrid (or 91k vs CD Tacon).

Messi983

Sevilla game was apparently also sold out but then a lot of socios didn't show up. Hope they will tonight.

Home of Barca Fans