EL Quarter Final: FC Barcelona - Eintracht Frankfurt 3-4 agg.

Iniesta Ultra

Busi and Alba aren't deadwood but Xavi playing them non-stop twice a week is criminal. The problem is Xavi's 'succeeded' and lucked out on his no-middle-presence game for too long now so he has plausible deniability to continue on with it. As JamDav noticed our forwards were segregated from each other as usual and the rest of the players were depending on medium to long passes, linking and buildup play was abysmal.

Xavi's too stubborn, Iniesta with no experience would manage much better.

JamDav1982

Busi had one game in almost three weeks before the away leg v Frankfurt.

It is not too many games. His legs are just not there to play in these games this intense

Particularly if play him as sole DM with no real protection.. which Xavi did twice.

Latschenkiefer

Don't remember the last time I hated so much an otherwise unknown-indifferent team before...

I know we were not as we should have been tonight, but these Schnitzel merchants rode on the luck of their life-time to qualify.
Pulled 3 crazy finishes out of their ass, and also relied on Eric's stupidity.

Wish West Ham blows the hell out of them in the SF
:lol:

delancey

We shouldn?t always be utilizing the wings. It?s frustrating to watch the same tactic being used over and over again. It?s predictable and clearly easy to figure out. Whenever one of our wingers gets the ball, the opponent simply defends the wings with several players, forcing us to either dribble (and most likely lose possession), or pass the ball back, slowing the game down and allowing the opponent to regroup. Repeat, followed by a counter attack.

Also, when we had to maintain possession in the midfield, and drive the ball forward, why didn?t De Jong start?

Masetro10

Embarrasing from the socios wouldnt surprise me that the average fan in Saudi Arabia, India, Africa, South America love more the team than the average Jordi in Catalonia.

I've been to Camp Nou many times. The atmosphere there was only strong 1 time and that was the 6-1 comeback vs PSG. Every other games I always thought wow the crowd at Vicente Calderon and Mestalla were WAAAAY louder and way more fun. I'm American and cheering for Barca harder than Catalans I am sitting next too wtf?? Sad to say this but Real Betis, Atletico, and Valencia from my experience are much louder and rabid. Real Madrid also wasn't very loud. RM and Barca are very touristy as well. What can I say though I qualify as that I guess.

Kul_z

Easy money today. Frankfurt was the team that won dfb trophy against prime bayern. Thats their style, like inter ko-d us in 2010, atletico did in their time. This game serves as the prime example why we need proper reinforcments in some areas. Good wake up call, we dont need this throphy desperately, infact this defeat could and should do us wonders. We are well on the path to complete depth of the squad. Whole squad would have one more year of experience while the stinks would and should be replaced. Xavi's job is massive, he clearly needs one top world beater in his squad who would take advantage of this system. Messi for one year would do xavi and barca wonders. One could hope

Home of Barca Fans