**EL CLASICO** Lliga | Round 17: Real Madrid - FC Barcelona 0-3

Devils

Great performance.

Had good feeling about this match after our performance vs Depor last week.

The Liga is over for Real Madrid.

Fuck Madrid!

Last edited:

booge

Madrid have a game in hand..I think one more FCUK up from them rules them out.

Will be against Valencia and Atletico.

This is the time for Barca to turn the screw further.

Paulinho is such an important player now.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
This is beautiful - in January RM will have to play Celta and Valencia away and Villareal at home.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Like it or not, but that was down to Valverde's tactics. And i don't agree that it was all Madrid anyhow. Sure, in terms of possession and apparent goalward intent, but as far as chances are concerned, it was pretty even. Madrid tired themselves out in the first, and we owned them in the second. Valverde saw this coming miles away.

We certainly created some chances in the first half but in my opinion and recollection they could not be compared with waves nd waves of chances Madrid created and almost scored on. If Valverde's plan was simply sitting back in the first half and tiring out Real Madrid, then his plan did work but also he got lucky that Madrid did not materialize anything. I am just thinking if they had scored his plan would have backfired. Don't know if this is the right approach against elite teams in Europe as we have to count on our luck in the plan.

mdenci

Imagine if we had this defense + Ney :'(

how could you expect the same defensive effort with Ney? it's not just the defense playing good this season, it's the entire team's effort plus a good formation (4-4-2) for the players Valverde currently has available that has thrown up our defensive line on top

likeafire

First half was shit, they dominated.

Second half, beautiful absolutely beautiful. Finally started to dominate that midfield. Madrid too busy marking Messi, it freed up the other players.

mdenci

Marca :"Kovacic produces his own guard of honour for Barcelona to open the scoring".

Wow that is cold:lol:

damn... he plays for my country, and I love his play style, but he really gave Rakitić too much space there. I guess that's what you get when you play man coverage on Messi :)

aaron101

We certainly created some chances in the first half but in my opinion and recollection they could not be compared with waves nd waves of chances Madrid created and almost scored on. If Valverde's plan was simply sitting back in the first half and tiring out Real Madrid, then his plan did work but also he got lucky that Madrid did not materialize anything. I am just thinking if they had scored his plan would have backfired. Don't know if this is the right approach against elite teams in Europe as we have to count on our luck in the plan.

That's the only approach he can afford since we don't have the quality players needed right now like a midfielder and a winger (Dembele). He is approaching a game based on what he has on the roster and it's working.

Trickykid

Waves waves of chances? Seriously? I have no idea what match you were watching, but I can't recall more than two really good chances for them (same for us coincidentally) in the first half.
Sure, it could have backfired had they scored first, but that's all speculation. As I wrote in another comment then this kind of football isn't necessarily the most Barça-like out there and I would've been furious if we had played both halves like this, but the way it turned out, I really think Valverde has earned some recognition.

Chainsaw

Killahead
That's the only approach he can afford since we don't have the quality players needed right now like a midfielder and a winger (Dembele). He is approaching a game based on what he has on the roster and it's working.

With Xavi, Villa, Neymar, Puyol, and Dani Alves back in the squad there will be no more excuses for Valverede with his TERRIBLE choices and tactics. Oh wait!

Jakabor

We certainly created some chances in the first half but in my opinion and recollection they could not be compared with waves nd waves of chances.

Waves and waves of chances? No. They were more threatening, but they didn't dominate. Paulinho should have scored, and Barca had other opportunities that didn't materialized. It's quite baffling that people think Madrid was some kind of monster in the first half.

Home of Barca Fans