Eduardo Camavinga

Batistuta9

We actually play with 3 dms

Busi fdj raki
Busi fdj vidal

Even though they can all play DM, we only ever played one DM. Most of the time FDJ and vidal played further forward in a midfield 3 with busquets as the pivot. Same with rakitic when he played

Messi983

That was the biggest joke I have heard from a long time. In any body on body contact with opponents Camavinga is the one who ends up laying on the grass and you call him a destroyer? Mu ha ha ha !!! :worthy:

First action of the game against PSG. Camavinga in a duel with a strong striker like Cavani. Guess who ends up on the ground? :lol:

Ok, you don't like him. That's ok. But you don't need to discredit his talent by saying things that are far from truth.

Does he ends up on the ground when he gets fouled? Of course he does like 99% of the players. But he's already pretty strong and his body is still not fully developed so he can add more muscles over the next few years.

Is he still raw at some aspects of the game like losing possession a bit to often? Yes, which is totally understandable at his age. He still needs to learn a lot but he has all the required attributes to become a world class player. At least technically and physically, I won't pretend I know enough about his mental makeup that usually decide whether a player will turn out average, good or great. When you have two players with a similar talent level and one of them is hardworking and driven to success while the other is lazy and thinks just his talent will be enough to make a great career (because he has dominated his competition in younger selections) then it's an easy answer who of them has much bigger chances to succeed.

Yes, clubs have all kind of informations about the players they're interested in nowadays but correctly evaluating player's personality/mentality is usually the toughest for them. Scouts can easily see if a player is stronger, faster, technically superior,... than other players his age. And they can more or less project if this will translate into the next level (once they'll have to play against more experienced, better, stronger, faster,... players) - or they can also see it in games if a player is already playing a senior football at age 16/17 like Camavinga or Fati - and if he fits their club based on what they're looking for.

But clubs usually don't know a player well enough until they buy him and see him on trainings every day when some of his negative traits (that every player has) will become more obvious. Surely scouts can watch a player in games and what he shows there is usually a good indicator of his quality/talent. But what if he'll never reach his full potential because he's not fully commited to become the best player he can? Nowadays there are rumours about some players partying/being lazy in trainings or other off the field problems (and all those should be a pretty big red flag for every interested club) but how true are those rumours?

And what about the other 99% of the players we hear nothing about? Are some of them also not giving their all in trainings, are they "normal" professionals who do what's asked of them (which is usually good enough) or do they do some extra individual work after trainings? Now I know not every training warrior/workaholic will turn out to be the next Cristiano but knowing that a player has those positive personal traits can help the club to decide if they have to choose between this player who is maybe a bit less talented and another one who is more talented but has some red flags mentioned above. The first player is much more likely to have a good career but that's obviously not always the case.

Another thing that clubs don't know is how a young player will adapt to living in a different country without his close friends (and sometimes even familly members) to support him. Few players will adapt fast, more players will need a year or two and some will never adapt regardless of how much support they'll get. If they will have problems to adapt off the field then they'll usually struggle on the field as well. And since most fans usually only judge players based on what they see of them during the games and they can easily be disappointed if their (high) expectations aren't met then they'll criticise the player which can only cause him more harm (I don't think most players read fan forums etc. - if they are smart anyway :D - but they can feel if the fans are not satisfied with their performances). So club's role here is very important. Will they still believe enough in a player to support him going through rough times (and potentially benefit big in future) or will they give up on a player which they can later be sorry about if he'll develop into what they've expected him to be in another club?

Sadly nowadays players only get two seasons at most to show what they have. For older, proven players this should be enough time but that's not always the case when talking about 17-19 yo kids. Not everyone can be Messi at that time. And even Messi was often used as a backup/in rotation with Giuly early in his career.

So all those things considered buying Camavinga for 60-70m is certainly not without a risk especially in tough times (from economical standpoint) in front of the club. But I still believe his upside is so high that I'd rather take him than spending 100m on another forward who will be misused again like Griezmann.

We need to add more athleticism in our lineup and Camavinga+Upamecano would be a great start. They could help us right away but even more in future once amigos will finally be gone and younger players (lead by "vetarans" like MATS and FDJ) can take over. But sadly I don't believe we'll get either of them.

vuji_31

You forgot all time Camavinga is CDM and we need CM. De Jong will be future in DM position.

I think we will be going for this kind of players like Upamecano or Camavinga if Raotomeu don't bring Ney or overrated Lautaro.

But I agree we need more atleticism in our team.

Messi983

Camavinga and FDJ are both versatile enough so they could play interchangable between DM/ box to box CM depending on the opponents. Having two young midfielders with fresh legs would also be more than needed to compensate for having the two walking amigos upfront. The bigger problem here is we still have Busi who must always play.

If/when we'll actually replace Suarez we can also try a 4-2-3-1 with Messi as AMC. But it's very likely they'll both retire/leave at the same time, I'd say in 2023 and we're pretty much f**** until then. We should still try to set up our future the best we can and as I've said getting Camavinga and Upamecano would be a great start.

Messi983

Really hope he won't go to Madrid but it's very likely at this point imo.

15876206193955.jpg

mc_lovin

Its insane how much Marca (and the likes) campaigned for him. I am pretty sure hes dead on for Madrid. I would have obviously liked him here, but part of me hopes Ilaix turns out well - him and Ansu are our best prospects (top earners in La Masia etc). If we want La Masia to produce great players again we cant put teenagers like Camavinga in front of them for 60ME+.

(we need immediate quality players in midfield though)

Batistuta9

Camavinga is almost guaranteed to go to Real. They're also most likely to get haaland and mbappe to go along with vinicius, rodrygo, mendy, valverde and odegaard. That's almost a starting 11 of the best u21 players in the world

mc_lovin

Camavinga is almost guaranteed to go to Real. They're also most likely to get haaland and mbappe to go along with vinicius, rodrygo, mendy, valverde and odegaard. That's almost a starting 11 of the best u21 players in the world

Thank god it rarely works out like that.

Batistuta9

Thank god it rarely works out like that.

Yeah, true. So many things can go wrong in a players career that can stop them from reaching their full potential. I remember watching wilshere as a teenager when they played against us, thinking he's going to be England's best CM for the next 10 years. Little did I know that those first few years would be his best in football

FC433

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Real Madrid would like to acquire both Paul Pogba (Manchester United) & Eduardo Camavinga (Rennes) this summer, according to L'?quipe. More follows.</p>— Get French Football News (@GFFN) <a href="https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/1253402060558610437?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 23, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Excellent player, but I do not think that we need him. We already have FDJ (spent almost 90m on him) and we have limited budget. They are very similar if not the same; however, EC is still young and can develop and change a bit.

We need a different profile. For me, Busquets, FDJ, Arthur, and Puig + Ruiz (would not spend more than 60m) and Soumare (40/ 50m no more). That should be enough.

LABarcaFan

Its insane how much Marca (and the likes) campaigned for him. I am pretty sure hes dead on for Madrid. I would have obviously liked him here, but part of me hopes Ilaix turns out well - him and Ansu are our best prospects (top earners in La Masia etc). If we want La Masia to produce great players again we cant put teenagers like Camavinga in front of them for 60ME+.

(we need immediate quality players in midfield though)

Excellent post. Short, but meaningful.
We need to start paying more attention and resources to La Masia. If we keep buying unimproved young players from other clubs for 40-50-60 mil. then our own products will lost faith. Talent like Riqui Puig will most likely be send on loan somewhere so we can pay 60 mil. for someone like Camavinga? It makes no sense at all.

Last edited:

LABarcaFan

@Messi983

Whatever you say in your long post is true and I agree 100%. But we don't need defensive midfielder right now. Busquets contract expires on 30/06/2023 so till then, he will be the starting DM with FDJ and A.Melo as CM. We also have S.Roberto, R.Puig and M.Fernandes as subs. That is enough for now.

If you can guarantee me that signing of Camavinga will means Busy will be gone from Barca, I will sign that contract in a heartbeat. But, unless things got changed in 2021 and we have new board, new president and new coaching staff, anything will stay the same way.

I am with you 200% that we don't need Neymar and Martines. We actually don't need to pay anymore 100+ mil. for any player. We will have very limited resources this summer and the ONLY player we should pay 60 mil. has to be Dayot Upamecano. I pray every day that these rumors about the interest of Newcastle United in Griezmann and Coutinho are true so we can generate some extra cash for new signings. Corona virus will end at some point, sooner or later and we will have to get busy in the summer market. But to be honest, I don't have very high hopes till Barto and Abidal are running the show.

Home of Barca Fans