David Villa

Richard.H

17 million bid by Arsenal according to several sources.
Very decent money for a 31 year old. yes having him for depth would be very nice but 17 million plus his wages freed up would also be very interesting, especially if it means a sooner Neymar bid.
Besides, Tello,Sanchez,Cuenca,Pedro for 2 spots and half a season. It's a gamble, especially if messi gets injured but considering how lethargic he's played the last few games I think it's one we could take (as long as we bring in someone else).

Would be an excellent deal for us and would be good for Villa's confidence since he's not going to get playtime here.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I really like Villa, in my opinion he's the best winger we got right now. But somehow Vilanova manages to completely ignore him and his superb statistics this season. I'm for like 90% sure that he's not going to be our starting winger in the second half of the season as well, so why is Zubi being so stubborn? 17M is a lot of money for a 31-year old, who has had a major injury recently. He needs to play, he deserves to play, but he's not gonna do that in Barça's shirt unfortunately.

I was really skeptical at first about Villa having an important role at Barcelona. But now that i look at it, it seems more and more likely they were resting him more often to unleash him in the 2nd half of the season. The knockout stages of the UCL are coming and Barcelona are no doubt going to encounter parked buses and tough defenses. An in form Villa with an in form Messi would destroy them with ease. He hasn't been all that great in the past few games he has played but something tells me he will be inspired and be a key player for us in the remainder of the season. I mean there has to be a reason why Alexis has played so much despite being so dismal lately. Tito is no fool and he knows to use Villa wisely. I give it until early March for every fan in the world to be screaming "El Guaje is back". That'll rubbish all of these transfer rumors.

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

I have faith in Villa. Just wait and see. he´s going nowhere. rubbish:angry:

Scottro

It is looking more and more like Villa is going to Arsenal. I think Barca is going regret forcing villa out of the lineup. Just take a look at last season without Villa's typical 20-25 goals, there was also no worthwhile hardware either, despite Messi having a crushing record performance of a season. I hear comments about Villa not being in form and have no idea what that is based on. The guy is scoring once for every 97 minutes played and that is better that he ever did in a season at Barca. In all of La Liga only Messi and Falco have a higher goals per minuted played than Villa right now, in fact Villa is ahead of CR7 at this point. He is in excellent form but was never given playing time by Villanova and he is smart enough at this point to realize his playing time has not and is not going to be based on the best performer and he is going where he will get to play rather rack up trophies from the bench.

karthik

Interesting rumour, but I doubt if the club will sell the player in january, when the business end of the season is on its way.

Jack Wilshere

Barcelona probably will offload David Villa in the summer to be honest, they'll pick up Neymar as his replacement. Adrian Lopez more likely.

Meitux

what Adrian Lopez and bullshit... he is not for barcelona... he isnt something special and barcelona needs that...

Jack Wilshere

what Adrian Lopez and bullshit... he is not for barcelona... he isnt something special and barcelona needs that...

:lol:

You misread me. Villa won't move till the summer. As I said before, Villa is an unlikely signing. Barca don't want to sell. Adrian looking our only Spanish option at the moment.

And I think it's safe to say I don't really rate him(Adrian Lopez). to be honest. We should be signing better players than Adrian Lopez.

Meitux

:lol:

You misread me. Villa won't move till the summer. As I said before, Villa is an unlikely signing. Barca don't want to sell. Adrian looking our only Spanish option at the moment.

And I think it's safe to say I don't really rate him(Adrian Lopez). to be honest. We should be signing better players than Adrian Lopez.
ah right sorry :p

Blue Demon

All I have been hearing is that Barça doesn't sell in January. Don't see it happening this month. He's staying till summer.

Jenks

Barca stating that they don't want to sell is Barca saying they want more money. If you don't want to sell then you communicate that behind closed doors, you don't go to the media with it.

Home of Barca Fans