David de Gea

Martindn

But not Neuer level ridiculously good. Probably never will be because I don't see him ever becoming as well rounded in all aspects like Neuer.

Even if he didn't reach his level i wouldn't swap him, on face value he loves our club, has been our MOTM now for nearly half our games with a defence that is championship level in front of him and whenever someone is 1 on 1 with him now im not worried at all, he saves them more often than not. Its taken mostly worldies to beat him. Right now is probably our most important player. And if he goes to Madrid (I dont think he will being Atleti born) they will be almost unbeatable.

Unbiased United

But not Neuer level ridiculously good. Probably never will be because I don't see him ever becoming as well rounded in all aspects like Neuer.

I'm a big Neuer fan, he's an absolute beast and was the keeper I wanted to replace Van Der Sar.

You'll be hard pressed to find a United fan who doesn't absolutely love our big Dave though. Not only is he absolutely class, but he's very young still, and I genuinely think he has some pull (along with our other Spanish speaking amigos we now have) for other Iberian players who potentially might join us.

As amazing as Neuer is, I genuinely wouldn't swap him for De Gea all things considered.

Hummelsbauer

I rate David De Gea, btw. Wasn't meant as a slight. I'm just a massive Neuer worshiper right now. David De Gea is already very good and will probably become a great goal keeper in his own way. :p

R

Ryu Hayabusa

De Gea is excellent, but he's more of a defensive goalkeeper, not really new-breed sweeper-style. Similar to Courtois.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Excellent form from him lately. You guys would be floundering mid table if he wasn't in such monstrous form. Perfect time to be in that kinda form.

oggydude

Swap De Gea for Schezny or Mignlenot and we would be screwed. We need to give him a new contract what are we doing.

Martindn

You've not started renewal talks yet?

Bloody well hope so. He says he is happy, the press are saying he rejected a renewal as he wants to leave. Hopefully hes waiting to see where we finish in the table. I would be shocked if he was sold, especially to Madrid.

zanela

He's made some great saves lately, won't deny it, but I didn't see anything out of the ordinary with the one from last night. Kept the ball out that came straight at him, or is there something that I've missed? Everything PL related is hyped to the heavens, as usual. Bravo for instance made more difficult saves over the weekend, but no one is depicting him as Neo from the Matrix.

Home of Barca Fans