Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

Ocurrente

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=w6k3MtGNgtE
BwOMYoUCcAAFvCi.jpg

says the first or second player who won the ballon d'or without winning any titles. And the first time FIFA reopens the voting.

footyfan

Calma, calma
You must be a C.Ronaldo fan, right? Otherwise, your last sentence is a fucking disgrace..

Yes I'm a Ronaldo fan. But I'm also a Messi fan.

Don't be butthurt about a stupid joke. A lot of animals (specially dogs) mark and declare their territory by peeing around it. I just made a parallel where Messi (who infact we all know is a dog) would do the same to the 1m^2 portion of the pitch in which he spends the entire 90 min of the match. Only he would instead use his puke to show "who's the boss" as the other poster mentioned.

Also, the fact that you think this type of joke about Messi is justifiable only if it comes from a Ronaldo fan and not a Messi fan perplexes me. Why do you think people can't make jokes about their own favorite player or team?

Morten

That's the point I always make to my Cristiano obsessed friends. Never once have I heard him discussed as being among the all-time greats. Yet Messi is constantly discussed about on that subject as being THE greatest ever.

So how is it that we have so many people that believe Cristiano is better?? Where is all the "Ronaldo must win this world cup in order to solidify his claim to being the best" talk? Why is he praised for barely making it into the world cup through beating SWEDEN in a playoff (followed by getting knocked out in group stage), but Messi is criticized for losing by the tiniest of margins in the world cup final to Germany?? The gap in expectations we have between these two is so enermous that it boggles the mind how someone could even suggest a comparison between the two, much less state Cristiano is superior!!

The absurdity of it all makes your head hurt.

I personally think he is an all time great. About the world cup, Portugal is so mediocre, both on paper and as a team. I didnt expect Argentine to go as far as they did, but at least on paper they have quality players.

NotInHere

I personally think he is an all time great. About the world cup, Portugal is so mediocre, both on paper and as a team. I didnt expect Argentine to go as far as they did, but at least on paper they have quality players.
No duh his an all time great, all the goals he has scored speak for themselves

But his not at a level where you tell yourself,"wow his just from another planet" like dihno or messi were at least in this era. Too bad dihnos period of magic was quite short.

CesDel

Yes I'm a Ronaldo fan. But I'm also a Messi fan.

Don't be butthurt about a stupid joke. A lot of animals (specially dogs) mark and declare their territory by peeing around it. I just made a parallel where Messi (who infact we all know is a dog) would do the same to the 1m^2 portion of the pitch in which he spends the entire 90 min of the match. Only he would instead use his puke to show "who's the boss" as the other poster mentioned.

Also, the fact that you think this type of joke about Messi is justifiable only if it comes from a Ronaldo fan and not a Messi fan perplexes me. Why do you think people can't make jokes about their own favorite player or team?

Oh, I didn't know that you found it funny to joke about people's sickness. How about we laugh about the fact that C.Ronaldo had a heart disease when he was a kid or about his knees that is failing him at the moment? Wouldn't that be funny?

So we should blame C.Ronaldo's teammates for him missing 5 clear cut chances against Ghana? Jesus, people really do love making excuses for C.Ronaldo's short coming. When Real Madrid and Portugal loses, it's always his teammates fault, never C.Ronaldo's even if he misses tons of sitters. Yet, whenever Barca and Argentina loses, it's always because of Messi. Even when he is clearly the best player on the pitch.

And on paper Argentina has great forwards, but all bar Messi were all shit at the WC. And on paper the rest of the Argentinean team is worse than the Portuguese team.

+1
#NoBias.

Don't understand that #NoBias part of your comment. Until Messi got injured, the favorite was Ribery with Messi being the 2nd. No one really thaught that C.Ronaldo deserve it. I mean, just look at the best player of europe award, where C.Ronaldo only got 3 votes, 1 of them from "Marca" and another 1 from "A bola". It was only from October that people started talking about C.Ronaldo for the ballon d'or because of his great current form(and WC play-off) and because of the marketing.

Last edited:

Morten

Oh, I didn't know that you found it funny to joke about people's sickness. How about we laugh about the fact that C.Ronaldo had a heart disease when he was a kid or about his knees that is failing him at the moment? Wouldn't that be funny?

So we should blame C.Ronaldo's teammates for him missing 5 clear cut chances against Ghana? Jesus, people really do love making excuses for C.Ronaldo's short coming. When Real Madrid and Portugal loses, it's always his teammates fault, never C.Ronaldo's even if he misses tons of sitters. Yet, whenever Barca and Argentina loses, it's always because of Messi. Even when he is clearly the best player on the pitch.

And on paper Argentina has great forwards, but all bar Messi were all shit at the WC. And on paper the rest of the Argentinean team is worse than the Portuguese team.

Don't understand that #NoBias part of your comment. Until Messi got injured, the favorite was Ribery with Messi being the 2nd. No one really thaught that C.Ronaldo deserve it. I mean, just look at the best player of europe award, where C.Ronaldo only got 3 votes, 1 of them from "Marca" and another 1 from "A bola". It was only from October that people started talking about C.Ronaldo for the ballon d'or because of his great current form(and WC play-off) and because of the marketing.

Did i say Ronaldo was good in the world cup? Nope he wasnt.And you are biased as hell btw. Argentine have better players than Portugal at almost every position, thats just a fact. I dont blame Messi that Germany won, he did what he could, but i feel like mascherano was their best player in the world cup. Sure Ronaldo should have done more, maybe Portugal too. But i would like to add that Portugal had the most difficult group in the wc, Argentina had a easy one in comparison.

CesDel

Did i say Ronaldo was good in the world cup? Nope he wasnt.And you are biased as hell btw. Argentine have better players than Portugal at almost every position, thats just a fact. I dont blame Messi that Germany won, he did what he could, but i feel like mascherano was their best player in the world cup. Sure Ronaldo should have done more, maybe Portugal too. But i would like to add that Portugal had the most difficult group in the wc, Argentina had a easy one in comparison.

No, but maybe, just maybe, Portugal isn't such a mediocre team if they created so many chances for C.ronaldo against Ghana that if he would have been more clinical, Portugal would have advanced.

Can anyone please tell me how this BS about Mascherano being Argentina's best player started? He was great against Netherland, but before that he was just another player who was underperforming for the team. The only player in Argentina that you can even claim to have been as important as Messi was Romero, the goalkeeper. But no one else was even close, not Mascherano and especially not Di Maria. What's next, Higuain was better than Messi?

Argentina's team is really average. There is no creativity in the midfield apart from Di Maria, who was awful at the WC except for the game against Nigeria. The defence was shocking until the semifinal, the opposite team touched the ball like 5 times per game and yet they created 10 chances(exageration). And until the WC, Romero was questioned ALOT. And what good does having the best forwards option in the world, if all but one of them is out of form?

Yeah, Argentina had an easy group. Just like Real Madrid had an easy route to the CL semi-final. Does that take anything away from Real Madrids CL win? No, it doesn't..

I am biased, yes, but so are you if you think that there is a big difference between Argentina and Portugal..

Sid90

Still comparing Cristina with Messi, tried of this comparison and for me this ended in 2008. Messi is the closest to Maradona we have in this generation in terms of pure talent, skill on the ball, ability to dictate play along with that he has the playmaking skills with the finishing up there with Brazilian R9. Messi is basically Maradona and R9 packed into a one player with his assists and his goal scoring rate in fact Messi has most assists in Europe since 2010, once in a generation player is compared to a prima donna which is a great insult to the sport. As for Cristina who is obviously Rich, Handsome and a great player shouldn't be jealous anymore especially after his begging and his pathetic attempt to win the Ballon D'or in 2013 along with his papa perez.

alex88bg

I just read Cristina stated if he had to say everything he thinks about messi being mvp of WC he would be in jail, atleast it was translated like this in my language maybe its not true.
But if it is what a petty little man, i dont even want to commentate his Bdor...

Neymessi

Most of the people did not agree with messi winning the best player award and he might not be different.Maybe he just wanted to say that because of the rivalry between them,him saying that messi not deserving will create a lot of criticism for him which he calls "Be in jail".

Morten

No, but maybe, just maybe, Portugal isn't such a mediocre team if they created so many chances for C.ronaldo against Ghana that if he would have been more clinical, Portugal would have advanced.

Can anyone please tell me how this BS about Mascherano being Argentina's best player started? He was great against Netherland, but before that he was just another player who was underperforming for the team. The only player in Argentina that you can even claim to have been as important as Messi was Romero, the goalkeeper. But no one else was even close, not Mascherano and especially not Di Maria. What's next, Higuain was better than Messi?

Argentina's team is really average. There is no creativity in the midfield apart from Di Maria, who was awful at the WC except for the game against Nigeria. The defence was shocking until the semifinal, the opposite team touched the ball like 5 times per game and yet they created 10 chances(exageration). And until the WC, Romero was questioned ALOT. And what good does having the best forwards option in the world, if all but one of them is out of form?

Yeah, Argentina had an easy group. Just like Real Madrid had an easy route to the CL semi-final. Does that take anything away from Real Madrids CL win? No, it doesn't..

I am biased, yes, but so are you if you think that there is a big difference between Argentina and Portugal..

Ronaldo was poor in the world cup, there is no denying that. He did fail against Ghana, he was poor against USA, but he did save them a point in the dying minutes. The Germany game i dont see what he could have done, really, one men down against arguably the best team, a very difficult task. Argentina did really well considering the players they had. I think Portugal should have secured 2nd place after Germany, considering their players. Still, i think there is a significant squad difference between these two teams. With Coentraos early injury, Pepe, Ronaldo and perhaps Moutinho would be the only players who would secure a place in Argentinas first 11.
I think Mascherano was the best player overall, but thats my opinion. Messi had a great impact in the group stages, but in the last few knockout rounds, i felt he didnt do so much. Mascherano really put in a shift in the last rounds. Anyway, thats my opinion. Messi didnt have much help in attack, he did well in creating and scoring all things considered. But i felt, after the group stages, Argentinas biggest strength was their defence and gk, they hardly let the opponents get big goal scoring chances.

Home of Barca Fans