Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

B

BrianSwan

It will be good if Ronaldo wins it for football imo.. Hard work rewarded for him and will maybe spark Messi to play ever better after injury, keep the rivalry going for another few years.

suckabov

Lemon curry?
This makes sense, too. Those who support Ronaldo or Messi or whoever in general probably already voted for them. I can't think of the kind of voter who'd be inclined to change his vote after whatever happens in these additional 10 days.
I actually think everybody has voted already - as I said, afaik it has never happened that someone missed the deadline or failed to vote in time. Can't imagine it was any different this year. And when it's only about changing votes, I don't think anyone would do that. Most NT captainsand coaches were busy tonight anyway and couldn't watch CR score his hat trick. The only person I can think of who might do it is Thiago Silva, now that he knows that he can indeed vote for Neymar :p And that will drop CR from his list, so 1 point lost for him.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
The reopening is just pathetic, but honestly it'll just change some votes from Ribery to Ronaldo. This year, many voters mentalities will change from previous ones, illustrating Messi's performance as far too troubled by injuries to win over Ribery who's the new and heavily supported underdog, or Ronaldo who's the challenger actually stepping up. To all those saying that he's only stepped up in the last 3-4 weeks, I'd tend to disagree. Messi was better up until around April but then suffered the injuries and Ronaldo has been better ever since (aside from the very beginning of this season). Ronaldo has by no means been THAT much better than Messi this year, the gap isn't large but it is definitive.

The only thing is that a lot of people are acting like the award is Messi's to lose since he's won it consecutively for the past 4 years. In reality, it's anyone's to take if they prove themselves. Sure, Ronaldo didn't have a record breaking year like Messi did last year, but he has been the best individual (not by a big margin) this year. Messi's a better player, but you can't really strain so hard to try and smear Ronaldo's merit for this Ballon D'or.

King Leo

Banned
Fifa already knew that CR7 wasn't gonna win it, but in light of Messi's injury and Ronaldo's performance against Sweden and taking his NT to Brazil, Fifa was gonna face a very awkward situation so.. they decided to fix the vote (a.k.a reopen voting) and pass it to Ronaldo. Can you imagine if Ronaldo lost the Ballon dOr this year???

Anyway congrats to Ronaldo and forever let his fans always remember that he only won it because Messi got injured for half the year otherwise he would never had a chance!

Messi is coming back and coming back in a big way! mark my word. This break will give him the peace needed before the final ascent: The world cup!

FCB_M3

I can't feel ma face!
yryzaven.jpg

Worthy worthy leaked photos of this years ceremony! Peralta who scored 5 goals in the World Cup play off beats Cristiano for the Ballon D'or
#footballLogic

Leo10

3 goals but didn't have to beat a single defender in any of them. Brilliant passes from the assister to a dead zone and all he has to do is run to a 1 on 1 vs the goalkeeper.

He is a great player but those are Pedro type of goals. Nothing special.

raedkuwait

3 goals but didn't have to beat a single defender in any of them. Brilliant passes from the assister to a dead zone and all he has to do is run to a 1 on 1 vs the goalkeeper.

He is a great player but those are Pedro type of goals. Nothing special.

Exactly swedesh defence was laughable and the swedesh coach really sucks for leaving that much space to ronaldo

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Anything official on the Ballon d'or voting reopening yet?

It's a disgrace if it's true. And this is coming from someone who thinks Ronaldo should win it. "Uefalona" and "FIFA favors Messi" my fucking ass :lol:

Tezemery

It's funny hearing all the people that thought Wesley Sneijder should have won it in 2010 now say Ronaldo should win it despite winning nothing xD.

Galning

He's just so damn good for Portugal that he couldn't get them to qualify wihout playoffs against Israel, Northern Ireland, Azerbaijan, Luxembourg and Russia. :worthy: Reverse psychology at its finest. You fail at such an easy task, you do the extra one to make up for it, and when you do, all of a sudden you're brilliant. In fact, you've been brilliant all along. What absolute freaking bullshit. Somehow, because of today's match, it look as if he's been fantastic in his qualifiers for the WC, where in reality, Messi's Argentina qualified quite a while ago.

:lol: it's true.

Der Kaiser

Im surprised so many people get angry about this stupid award. Im a barca fan, not a messi fan, and if he doesnt win it this year, we can prepare for some major ass kicking next year.

Besides, Ronaldo deserves it this year, Ibra and Ribery are brilliant footballers, Im cool with any result.

Home of Barca Fans