Cristian Tello

JamDav1982

BRING HIM BACK!!!!!

Lol jk.I'm glad he is doing well in Porto though. I've heard good things. And he is still young. A couple of more seasons in Porto improving, he can make the jump to another team.

I was never his biggest fan but Tello as a back up in this counter attacking system would not be too bad!

Much better than younger players coming through.

EdmondDantes

I am more than made up he's doing so well. If he were a Porto player they would be putting a £40 million tag on his head already. He needs only finish the season on a high to be here next season, he's earning it.

Sunny Mir

EdmondDantes said:
I am more than made up he's doing so well. If he were a Porto player they would be putting a £40 million tag on his head already. He needs only finish the season on a high to be here next season, he's earning it.

I think he's loaned for 2 seasons.

dodi1982

He's on an 2 years loan till his contract with Barca is over Summer 2016.

He's virtually not ours anymore unless he wants to sign an extension which I doubt he's that stupid to do.

Zangash

Banned
After his loan spell with Porto I wouldn't be surprised to see him head to England. Unless he does so well at Porto that the new board decides to bring him in (Would be much better for us than Pedro tbh) during the summer he's going to stay there until his contract expires. Last I checked, we don't have the option to cancel after one season. And I don't even know why the buy option is in there when his contract expires at the end of his loan.

JamDav1982

After his loan spell with Porto I wouldn't be surprised to see him head to England. Unless he does so well at Porto that the new board decides to bring him in (Would be much better for us than Pedro tbh) during the summer he's going to stay there until his contract expires. Last I checked, we don't have the option to cancel after one season. And I don't even know why the buy option is in there when his contract expires at the end of his loan.

The official Barca site when announcing the deal said there is an option to cancel

FC Barcelona and Porto FC have reached an agreement for the loan of striker Cristian Tello for the next two seasons, with the latter having an option to buy. The loan will operate on a payment basis, and FC Barcelona withhold the right to cancel the option to buy as well as the loan agreement itself at the end of the first season.

Zangash

Banned
The official Barca site when announcing the deal said there is an option to cancel

FC Barcelona and Porto FC have reached an agreement for the loan of striker Cristian Tello for the next two seasons, with the latter having an option to buy. The loan will operate on a payment basis, and FC Barcelona withhold the right to cancel the option to buy as well as the loan agreement itself at the end of the first season.

Oh. That's definitely interesting. Tello would be a much better option than any of our young forwards right now and his speed and striking ability would make him far more dangerous than Pedro. The problem is, he's not very defensive minded. That may possibly be part of the reason why he was shipped out.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He was shipped out because he's onedimensional. Just like Deulofeu.

Good to know Barca can cancel the loan after all

Alik

Wow, so because of the hat-trick the pendulum of this forum has swung in his favour again.

He basically just doubled his number of goals. He's on 5 or 6 now.

It doesn't seem like he's been having an amazing season.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans