Cricket

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Tendulkar has retired.

Emotional. :(

Never thought I would be for an Indian player, but Sachin is just great. Legend.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Never try to rattle Broad!!!!!!! Good start from us but I'll wait to see how our top order perform before judging the aussies 1st innings.

DonAK

I got to admit than I have never liked Barbie Broad. He is annoying, a whiner, got his daddy protecting his back and what not, but you cannot argue against his mental strenght, his mentality. What a way to answer the Aussies, the crowd who were booing at him all the time, cursing him. All those things turned into claps at the end of the day..

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
COME ON AUSSIE!! The thing is even though we are in a promising position we've taken over England as champions collapses, we'll have to wait until the end of day 5 to be genuinely happy about this test, if we even manage to win! LOL!

Either way, put those Poms to bed you Baggy Green bastards!

DonAK

Mitchell Johnson has been on FIRE! That's what I love. Fiery Fast Bowling!!!! Aggression!! :D

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
So England have a target of 561, but ended the day on 2-24, not looking good at all. 2 whole days of play should give us more than enough time to get them all out unless they provide some ridiculously stubborn resistance, which in cases like this they have in the past though not with a world record run chase on the cards. Based on their form this test it doesn't look likely at all that they'd even manage a draw. COME ON AUSSIE! Still ain't counting my chickens though!

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Anton unless rain comes to our rescue Australia have this in the bag!!

It's not 2010 when our batsmen where in top form and hitting double hundreds for fun. At the moment our top order are a shambles - and have been for quite some time.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
So you guys aren't much better off than we are. We're utter shit right now too. I guess this will make for some interesting Ashes!

DonAK

Trott has been in horrible form lately which has exposed England in the top order. Maybe he should bat further down the order to regain some form as dropping him altogether would be too harsh IMO.

DonAK

Yeah, that's the problem and it would be unfair to drop him as well. Maybe switch Bell and Trott's positions to let the latter regain form and Bell cannot possibly do worse than Trott are doing at #3.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Nice win. On to the next test! Hopefully the Aussie team don't get too full of themselves and get trumped.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
It will be a totally different game in Adelaide, different wicket and Mitchell will go back to his usual wayward bowling. Trott has gone home with a stress related condition(?) which does dent England's chances quite substantially though.

AURELIUS

I got to admit than I have never liked Barbie Broad. He is annoying, a whiner, got his daddy protecting his back and what not, but you cannot argue against his mental strenght, his mentality. What a way to answer the Aussies, the crowd who were booing at him all the time, cursing him. All those things turned into claps at the end of the day..

He's exactly what the Aussies like to see in their own sportsmen. Besides nothing is going to upset him. He lost his mother a few years ago and that changed all his perspectives.

As for Sachin retiring great batsman no doubt but I prefer Dravid. His record against a moving ball in England is much better. Also his conduct and classical style of play. Sadly I think he might have been one of the last.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Yes I too was a huge fan of Dravid.

Shame Trott had to leave this way. I wish him all the best in his recovery.

No doubt Bell will move up to three, Root at five and probably Ben Stokes at six - which is a bonus because Stokes can bowl and bowl really well.

Home of Barca Fans