Cricket

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Nerves are kicking in, well, mostly for Barca atm, but they will still be there tonight. I think this game will be tightest of all the QFs. I find confidence in that our team love going up against the favourites and we've shown time and time again that we are capable of beating them. Most Indians I've spoken to expect their team to get overconfident, others got cocky and said it should be a walkover for India. As long as we don't do anything surprising, like SL messed up their chances by changing the batting order, I think we will win.

Unfortunately, it looks like Kayes won't be dropped, so I hope we get to field first. If there's one thing Indians are the best at in cricket, it's chasing. Masrafe is fit again after his injury, which is great news, since Shakib was our captain against NZ and he tried to hero-ball the last two overs. He's our best player, but he can such a fool at times. The only doubt is who will be our 8th man as Nasir picked up two wickets last game and overall had a good game while Arafat is usually trusted. I trust our bowlers to have a good game, but not our batsmen. Hopefully they step up alongside Mahmudullah. India don't have any injuries AFAIK.

What about your team, DonAK? Personally, I don't fancy PK many chances against Australia, especially with Irfan out. Knowing the experienced PK players though, they will probably be hungry for one last big payday. :pep:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We got nothing to lose really. The pressure is on Australia. I'm hopeful for a good result, but I won't be depressed if we lose since Australia along with NZ are by far the favourites to win the WC IMO.

Afridi and Misbah's last game(s) in ODIs so it's now or never.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Yeah, you guys got the toughest opponent IMO. You shouldn't expect more than a respectable showing against Australia. Any idea who Pakistan will build around when Afridi and Misbah retire?

Icarium

Lifestealer
Pak do us a favor and knock Australia out please.

So Bangladesh fans not only believe they have a chance they believe they can defeat..... That would be a big fucking disappointment from india if it happens. Hopefully it will not happen, i hope the front order shines this time we can't expect dhoni to save us every match when there is a problem. Rohit Sharma needs to give one solid performance, he owes us that. He has been pretty poor this WC. I am also hoping virat shows some class tomorrow and show the world we are ready to defend the title.

DonAK

Yeah, you guys got the toughest opponent IMO. You shouldn't expect more than a respectable showing against Australia. Any idea who Pakistan will build around when Afridi and Misbah retire?

Might bring back old farts like Shoaib Malik who is the most overrated Pakistani Player since the last decade or so. A minnow and India basher at best.

I think we should build our team around the likes of Sarfraz, Haris Sohail, Sohaib Maqsood, Fawad Alam, Rahat Ali. Sarfraz being my Captaincy choice. Captained our U19 team to victory in 2006 and got plenty of Captaincy experience in the domestic circuit too.

Sunny Mir

We should have brought Fawad for the WC in the original squad and after hafizs' injury it was another perfect opportunity to bring him in but no the PCB brought in the mighty Basit Jamshed.:shakeshead:

DonAK

We should have brought Fawad for the WC in the original squad and after hafizs' injury it was another perfect opportunity to bring him in but no the PCB brought in the mighty Basit Jamshed.:shakeshead:

"Team Man" Younis Khan forced his way into the team which led to Fawad getting dropped.

Sunny Mir

DonAK said:
[quote name="Sunny Mir" post=1420750]We should have brought Fawad for the WC in the original squad and after hafizs' injury it was another perfect opportunity to bring him in but no the PCB brought in the mighty Basit Jamshed.:shakeshead:

"Team Man" Younis Khan forced his way into the team which led to Fawad getting dropped.[/quote]
Yup this too.
Tbh I am happy with the team's performance in the WC so far, at the start I didn't have any hope for us and the opening two matches proved my point but the team has upped its game in the tournament after that especially with half of our bowling lineup isn't present at this Wc.Anyway I expect a good fight with Australia at the very least.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
We haven't embarrased ourselves, which these days is a good tournament. its a shame because pak should be one of the best teams in the world.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Well a great win for India, things just keep getting better. Now it gets tougher we will see if we can continue our form. Rohit definitely delivered what i was asking from him.

[VINE]https://vine.co/v/OV3EJQv6uzx[/VINE]

Last edited:

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
It would've been a completely different match, if the umpires had made the right calls. What a joke. Also, Mortaza is a fucking joke. His behaviour is unforgivable. Not only did he play the worst match I've ever seen him play, he tears Taskin, a 19 year old kid who played a lot better than himself, a new one. I assume pressure got to him, but that was terrible captaincy.

Well played, India. No matter how many wickets fall, they always have a batsman who can hit a century when needed.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Yeah no matter how many wickets we lose someone is always playing the role of the savior. Rohit Dhawan Kolhi Raina Dhoni, one of them always turns up. And the bowlers are also simply amazing this world cup. Captain cool did a great job so far, but Australia and New Zealand are scary teams. Don't fancy the chances but you never know.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Yeah no matter how many wickets we lose someone is always playing the role of the savior. Rohit Dhawan Kolhi Raina Dhoni, one of them always turns up. And the bowlers are also simply amazing this world cup. Captain cool did a great job so far, but Australia and New Zealand are scary teams. Don't fancy the chances but you never know.

All is set for a collapse in the semis. However, as long as you don't play NZ at their home turf, your chances of winning will increase significantly.

For the rest of the tournament, I'm gonna root for you and Pakistan. It'll be fun if they get to play each other again.

Home of Barca Fans