Cr150

KingLeo10

He's obsessed with Messi because he doesn't want to waste his last years at a declining and financially-hit Juventus?? How? :lol:

It's you guys that are actually obsessed with Ronaldo and still totally invested in the CR vs Messi rivalry even though both players have left Spain.

Juventus were in precisely this condition last summer too (arguably worse since they had Pirlo instead of Allegri as manager), but the moment Messi left for a more competitive team, he's doing everything and anything to leave Juventus.

It's not that much of a stretch, really.

Jadentheman

Isn't it because Allegri doesn't have CR150 in his future plans, and thus more likely to bench him? Afterall he had those disasterclasses in a row

JamDav1982

Again more nonsense.

There has been rumours for months that Ronaldo wants to leave Juve and they too were happy to move him on with Allegri not keen.

The CR7 obsession tries to make it all about Messi.

Ronaldo wants another CL regardless if Messi at PSG or not.

He would have loved nothing more than to go to PSG or City and have two more CLs than Messi. The Messi move didnt suddenly make him more ambitious.

Joan

Real taking Mbappe and Pep signing Ronaldo would be tough for Messi's fans. Not only he'd lose the spotlight, but also end the transfer window in a much weaker team.

Joan

Btw., imagine CRonaldo taking City (never won it) and Pep (serial bottler and loser) to the CL glory :wow:

jamrock

Bad look for messi going to a farmers league & for city/pep ending up with a lesser player in Ronaldo when they could have had Messi, who would be absolutely perfect for the pass & move football pep plays.

Great move for Ronaldo though.

cracken

Juventus were in precisely this condition last summer too (arguably worse since they had Pirlo instead of Allegri as manager), but the moment Messi left for a more competitive team, he's doing everything and anything to leave Juventus.

It's not that much of a stretch, really.

They're actually worse off. They were banking on cash from the super league and/or new capital injection, neither ended up happening. The 300 million they had set aside for squad rebuilding went to covering COVID losses.

The guy is competitive regardless of what Messi is doing. He joined Juventus at a time when he and most people thought they needed just that one last piece to lift the trophy. Turns out he joined right as the team went on the decline, both on the field and financially. This is the time to leave really.

Joan

Ronaldo will have another PL to his name just because he's at City, and a handful of goals just because he's Ronaldo. Imagine what the PL marketing makes of it :wow: it's a PERFECT move for Ronaldo

KingLeo10

They're actually worse off. They were banking on cash from the super league and/or new capital injection, neither ended up happening. The 300 million they had set aside for squad rebuilding went to covering COVID losses.

The guy is competitive regardless of what Messi is doing. He joined Juventus at a time when he and most people thought they needed just that one last piece to lift the trophy. Turns out he joined right as the team went on the decline, both on the field and financially. This is the time to leave really.

No one's saying his competitiveness is tied only to Messi's football moves. But I find it very hard to believe that Messi having better chances for CL with the PSG move has absolutely no bearing on CR7's ambition, given how CR7 has pivoted himself as Messi's rival since 2008 (Messi has actually been much less vocal about it).

Also, COVID was a problem last summer too? I agree that the financial problems worsened this summer compared to the previous, though.

Another which points to IMO his desperation is that he's willing to join City (United's rivals) or PSG (where Messi already is). One could argue that other clubs don't have the financial means to afford but from what we've heard, he's actually taking a 50% pay cut to join City. So that doesn't hold much water, either.

I don't think this is so clear cut that my position is outlandish.

JamDav1982

Could just as easily say Messi moved to PSG as he wants to catch Ronaldo on CLs.

Last summer Juve were champions, Pirlo was being hailed as a great coach to come in and Ronaldo was still seen as main man.

Lot has changed and Ronaldo leaving and Juve happy to let him go was all being reported long before Messi moved to PSG.

Regardless.. Ronaldo wants more CLs no matter where Messi is. Trying to make out he just 'woke up' and felt that way when Messi moved is laughable. He is about as ambitious a player as can get that always wants to win trophies like the CL.

KingLeo10

Could just as easily say Messi moved to PSG as he wants to catch Ronaldo on CLs.

Never said otherwise. I'm actually glad Messi developed more ambition to try and finish his career tied or ahead of CR7 in CLs. Messi also cares about their rivalry (I think he mentioned something about CR7's 5th Ballon lighting a fire for his 18/19 season), but I'm arguing CR7 cares about it even more.

JamDav1982

Never said otherwise. I'm actually glad Messi developed more ambition to try and finish his career tied or ahead of CR7 in CLs. Messi also cares about their rivalry, but I'm arguing CR7 cares about it even more.

They both care about rivalry and leaving as strong a legacy as possible which means more CLs.

Messi chose best option for him and now Kane deal has fallen through and City seem to be an option Ronaldo may move there.

Had PSG went for Ronaldo before Messi he would go there no doubt. It is not about Messi making PSG move and kicking him into life.

If either were left with one of PSG/City as option they would have taken it.

raskolnikov

Messi would gave stayed at barca if he could.
That says enough abkut his ambition.
Never been competetive like Ronaldo.
He only chose psg since it was most convenient with the money, Neymar and several other friends.
Cl was an afterthought in that decision.

Ronaldo once countered a journalist directly by stating he has more away goals in cl than Messi.
Probably has a statistic room in his house where he listens to eye of the tiger, does push up and yells siuu after reciting the stats next to a Messi picture.

vegitot

He is just sad as people don't talk about him anymore and watching his nemesis stole summer spotlight completely (Copa winner and Barca's depature).

When will his sister post instagram motivational story???

Home of Barca Fans