Cr150

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Cristiano was a skillful player from Sporting to Real Madrid 2010.

After that he became a more intelligent Inzaghi on speed. Works for him though so what can you say about it.

likeafire

You'd fancy Juve more than Atletico to beat Real Madrid in the semis?

A million times over. Atletico barely struggling to get past Leicester and struggling in la liga, they aren't the same team, plus they've had many chances and failed.

Juventus have already knocked them out only couple years ago. It's all up to Juventus.

They'll probably get Monaco anyway UEFA will sort it out for them.

Monaco's defense ain't as bad as it is made out to be.

On the other hand, they are by far the most clinical team finishing-wise, and RM always concede chances. I would love for them to knock them out like the last time they've met.

GetIn

Ah, is it not a joke ? is it serious ?
2 off-side goals and he is the hero of the evening ?

It's fine his PR campaign will be published the into overdrive come November and he will lift a little Golden Ball over his head come December, but he will always know that at no point in his career was he close to Leo. He can win 10 Ballon D'ors for all I care he has never been in the GOAT discussion and never will be.

El Flaco

It's fine his PR campaign will be published the into overdrive come November and he will lift a little Golden Ball over his head come December, but he will always know that at no point in his career was he close to Leo. He can win 10 Ballon D'ors for all I care he has never been in the GOAT discussion and never will be.

It doesn't really matter, people will in future bring up statistics and the individual records to argue that Cristiano was on the same level as Messi.

It's called revisionism..

El Flaco

Gary Neville says Cristiano can prolong his career unlike Messi...

"I wonder if he'll play into his 40s. At United between 06/08, I still maintain that's his best two years as a player, in terms of contribution through the game. At Madrid he's contributed enormously but he's living off moments rather than contribution through a whole 90".

"I wonder if he's building up for a long career as a centre forward, where his running doesn't have to be 11km, 12km per match, it can be 7km, 8km, 9km, where he can still score two goals and live off moments. He's living off moments more than his all-round performance now.

"He'll be thinking Pele. Those numbers. Those scandalous numbers you think you can never achieve, the appearances, the goals, and that to me is where it's going. I think he'll play for longer than Lionel Messi, I think he'll score more goals in the end and will go on to do incredible things.

"I think he'll go on for a long, long time. And in this game, he's becoming a goal-scorer, he's getting in the box more, he's coming across the near post, his heading is incredible anyway.

"I think we've seen the transformation of a player. We've seen Ryan Giggs go from a flying winger to someone who played more centrally as a midfielder. We're seeing Cristiano now as a centre-forward.

"He knows he can't go up and down all the time now. He knows he can't go past players all the time. He'll become a goalscorer, a poacher and a good one."

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...become-great-centre-forward-says-gary-neville

Home of Barca Fans