Cr150

KingLeo10

dude scored 50 goals in his last 50 matches with NT (since he turned 30 pretty much), even if he has the luxury to play against these bums sometimes it's a ridiculous stats.

It would be if most of his 50 goals in this time span weren't again bums. I'd wager 60-70% of them are as such, if not more.

El Gato

Villarato!
It would be if most of his 50 goals in this time span weren't again bums. I'd wager 60-70% of them are as such, if not more.

Last 50 going backward in time (friendly = F, Conf Cup = C, NL = Nations League, Euro or qualifiers = E, World Cup or qualifiers = W):
Andorra (F, E, W) - 1 + 1 + 4
Sweden (NL, F) - 2 + 2
Luxembourg (E) - 1 + 1
Lithuania (E) - 3 + 4
Ukraine (E) - 1
Serbia (E) - 1
Switzerland (NL) - 3
Spain (W) - 3
Morocco (W) - 1
Egypt (F) - 2
Faroe Islands (W) - 3 + 1
New Zealand (C) - 1
Russia (C) - 1
Latvia (W) - 2 + 2
Hungary (W) - 2 + 2
Wales (E) - 1
Estonia (F) - 2
Belgium (F) - 1
Armenia (E) - 3 + 1

excl. friendlies + Confederations Cup goals you'd need to include:
Denmark (E) - 1
Ghana (W) - 1
Sweden (W) - 4
Northern Ireland (W) - 3

xavisionary

I feel like what often gets lost on these message boards (which are IMO still some of the best on the web) is that any player could do what CR7 does: that is, score more than 100 international goals, keep scoring consistently in one of Europe's top five leagues at the age of 35.

But they don't because they can't. Because they are not as good as him. It's really not difficult, for me, to realise that.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I feel like what often gets lost on these message boards (which are IMO still some of the best on the web) is that any player could do what CR7 does: that is, score more than 100 international goals, keep scoring consistently in one of Europe's top five leagues at the age of 35.

But they don't because they can't. Because they are not as good as him. It's really not difficult, for me, to realise that.

Ronaldo is one of the best players in history. Anyone who denies it is a kid.

KingLeo10

No one is saying that what he's done in terms of international goals could be done by anyone. What I'm saying is that it is not a strong point of his resume. He has buckets of goals v top teams in CL...which is the true strength of his resume for his case as one of the top players in history.

His goals at the international stage have mostly come against bums, which is supported by Wolfe's goal distribution by opponent post. I don't see anything impressive about this aspect of his resume.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

No one is saying that what he's done in terms of international goals could be done by anyone. What I'm saying is that it is not a strong point of his resume. He has buckets of goals v top teams in CL...which is the true strength of his resume for his case as one of the top players in history.

His goals at the international stage have mostly come against bums, which is supported by Wolfe's goal distribution by opponent post. I don't see anything impressive about this aspect of his resume.

+1

Richard.H

Let's just appreciate the show CR7 is putting on. After Messi and CR7, we probably will never see such good players in our lifetimes.

BarcaOG

Banned
yeah, ive grown to respect CR a lot. especially as they have aged ive come to see him as having had a better career over all, even if, at their respective peaks, messi was better. CR is still a hell of a player at 35 while leo is already declining sharply at 33. at 35 messi might already have retired either to argentina or from the game all together

Fati_Future_BallonDor

He looked slow as fuck with 30/31 but somehow managed to got speed back at 32. Media said that he changed his diet and took extra training to get more pace. Even now with 35 he is still fast.

Home of Barca Fans