Cr150

Horatio

You're welcome
No it is because they have been dominating often and not scoring their chances more than that.

Then getting desperate towards end and getting caught on break a few times.

Dont agree Messi has always been more influential each season.

Don't feel the need to discredit Ronaldo. But someone did look into how many goals Messi and Ronaldo won or tied the game.. Messi was heavily favoured. Messi scores less when there is a comfortable lead. Will say that in terms of CL Ronaldo will probably win it with last years run.

JamDav1982

Don't feel the need to discredit Ronaldo. But someone did look into how many goals Messi and Ronaldo won or tied the game.. Messi was heavily favoured. Messi scores less when there is a comfortable lead. Will say that in terms of CL Ronaldo will probably win it with last years run.

Would expect that overall as Messi is the better player in that time.

Stoichkov1

No it is because they have been dominating often and not scoring their chances more than that.

Then getting desperate towards end and getting caught on break a few times.

Dont agree Messi has always been more influential each season.

Only in the betis and villareal game they conceded a late goal because they were getting desperate.

Messi has been more influential each season apart from 2015/16 if I remember correctly as G+A stats show.

JamDav1982

Only in the betis and villareal game they conceded a late goal because they were getting desperate.

Messi has been more influential each season apart from 2015/16 if I remember correctly as G+A stats show.

So league and CL all in Messi has been more influential in terms of goals/assists than Ronaldo?

Even then a goal when leading a minnow by a few is counted the same as a classico/atletico game or CL knockout. Which is not accurate really.

Stoichkov1

So league and CL all in Messi has been more influential in terms of goals/assists than Ronaldo?

Even then a goal when leading a minnow by a few is counted the same as a classico/atletico game or CL knockout. Which is not accurate really.

I was talking about the league only.

Morten

Ronaldo is very important to us, just because he isnt Messi in terms of playmaking doesnt change the fact.
We rely on him for goals first and foremost, and we really have few other consistent goalscorers, but i would also say we rely on him for leadership.
He has been here a long time now, and is somewhat of a leader for this team.

Stoichkov1

Why?

You rate the CL as most important in determining/influencing who is best team in world more so than league etc but dont include that?

Because the stats I remember are from the league and in CL I didn't have time to check how many G+A are from group stage and how many from knockout matches which is the most important thing. Also in CL Real Madrid has always had easier draws than Barca so that Ronaldo could boost his stats.

I rate the CL as most important in determing the best team in the world but the league and a large sample of games as most important in determing the best player.

JamDav1982

Because the stats I remember are from the league and in CL I didn't have time to check how many G+A are from group stage and how many from knockout matches which is the most important thing. Also in CL Real Madrid has always had easier draws than Barca so that Ronaldo could boost his stats.

I rate the CL as most important in determing the best team in the world but the league and a large sample of games as most important in determing the best player.

Well doesnt make sense to have league only if that is criteria you are looking to use and compare them if want a full picture.

Have not always had easier draws either. Which again you didnt use as an part of trying to declare Real as best on world due to CL wins either.

A lot of picking and choosing of rules.

Stoichkov1

Well doesnt make sense to have league only if that is criteria you are looking to use and compare them if want a full picture.

Have not always had easier draws either. Which again you didnt use as an part of trying to declare Real as best on world due to CL wins either.

A lot of picking and choosing of rules.

It does, in the league they both play 38 games and the same opponents.

In CL there are a lot of factors to take into consideration: group stage/knockout matches and quality of opponents they face. Also in CL they play only 12 matches if they reach the final.

JamDav1982

It does, in the league they both play 38 games and the same opponents.

In CL there are a lot of factors to take into consideration: group stage/knockout matches and quality of opponents they face. Also in CL they play only 12 matches if they reach the final.

Yes the same arguments that you rejected previously and said it is more about CL than league.

As I said.

Horatio

You're welcome
Ronaldo is very important to us, just because he isnt Messi in terms of playmaking doesnt change the fact.
We rely on him for goals first and foremost, and we really have few other consistent goalscorers, but i would also say we rely on him for leadership.
He has been here a long time now, and is somewhat of a leader for this team.

Yep. This is a fair description.

vlad

When he takes penalty he is penaldo now when he gave penalty to benzema its about PR, seems like he cant do it right and not be criticized.

He is mostly selfish player, but guy wants to win it all and take the glory, with 31 year on the back, he was tracking back to defence vs psg, amazing, or that was PR also?Real without him would not have so much success in CL last years

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I don't think he gave away the penalty due to PR. I think he just really, really likes Benzema who's been struggling to score so much. He told the Real Madrid fans to shut up when they booed The Benz earlier this season too.

The Benz is like a big, dumb teddy bear. Everyone seem to like him, except for Valbuena obviously lol.

Home of Barca Fans