Copa | Semifinal: Valencia CF - FC Barcelona 0-3 agg.

henias

Looks like Valverde is just going with the strongest line-up available to him in what is a challenging semi final match.

I understand people want Coutinho to start but it was pretty clear this weekend that Coutinho still needs to integrate more and adjust to our style and system.

The safest bets in midfield you can make right now are with Iniesta, Raki and Busi.

Integrate him by playing as a RM lol.

MessiTHEgoat

valencia is in a bad form at the moment. they were out of the CDR till the 78th minute against alaves. got destroyed by a struggling real madrid side in the mestalla.

and they are actually missing some of their key players against us in the camp nou!

l'll be honest, any result but winning with By a large margin will be a disappointement for me.

we only played shit against alaves because we didn't start our main fullbacks & busquets.

El Barcelona

You have to think in another perspective, important game tonight en plenty of time before the Chelsea clash to rest players. Just Iniesta was exhausted last game and maybe he could better rest him today but Coutinho is there for the 2nd half.

Raketa10

So we paid 160 mil for Coutinho and he is on the bench while VIDAL is starting?!?! He could at least rest Iniesta since we need him for CL, same goes for Pique!

Last edited:

Trickykid

So we payed 160 mil for Coutinho and he is on the bench while VIDAL is starting?!?! He could at least rest Iniesta since we need him for CL, same goes for Pique!

Jesus Christ dude, Coutinho just joined us, and Vidal did perfectly well against Espanyol.

Raketa10

Jesus Christ dude, Coutinho just joined us, and Vidal did perfectly well against Espanyol.

We need to integrate him ASAP plus we absolutely need Iniesta for CL and he is starting 3 games in 7 days!!! If he gets injured who will play against Chelsea?! Gomes?! Denis?!

We spent 160 mil for Coutinho and we can’t use him in CL so we should play him as much as possible in Copa and in La Liga!

Last edited:

Neymessi

valencia is in a bad form at the moment. they were out of the CDR till the 78th minute against alaves. got destroyed by a struggling real madrid side in the mestalla.

and they are actually missing some of their key players against us in the camp nou!

l'll be honest, any result but winning with By a large margin will be a disappointement for me.

we only played shit against alaves because we didn't start our main fullbacks & busquets.

We weren't shit at all against alaves.

behindbrowneyes

I don't understand what Valverde is trying to do, he's not resting players in the league where we have a comfortable lead, nor the Copa.

CL collapse is likely if he continues to run this team full of 30+ year old core players into the ground.

Because it is a big game and a good test for the tie vs Chelsea.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

The bigger problem is Iniesta, we absolutely need to manage his time right and make sure he's in top form and well rested for the CL. Don't see why Coutinho couldn't have started for him today.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I'm worried about overplaying Iniesta considering his well known history of muscle injuries.

Trickykid

The bigger problem is Iniesta, we absolutely need to manage his time right and make sure he's in top form and well rested for the CL. Don't see why Coutinho couldn't have started for him today.

Call me naive, but I'll chose to trust the ones close to the players on this one. If EV sees Iniesta as fit enough to play tonight, I'm sure he has a plan for him in regards to Chelsea.

...at least I hope so.

Sorin

Iniesta out at half time or in the 60th minute is my guess. Try to have and advantage and then bring on Coutinho to rest Iniesta and give him minutes against tired opponents.
Just trying to rationalize this move by Valverde.

Home of Barca Fans