Copa | Quarter Final: FC Barcelona - Sevilla 6-3 agg.

soul24rage

Curious to see how Valverde will approach the game. I think that we will see the strongest lineup available or close to it. When you think about it the whole idea of going out now to "rest players" loses meaning when the team is only 2 games away from the final. As written earlier, it would have made more sense to throw the return leg against Levante away deliberately and thus going out and saving those potentially 4 games before a potential final. Now it would make little sense. Hence my complains about Valverde's lineup in the first leg in Seville.

Of course it won't be the end of the world if we are kicked out (at all) but....

EV should have played the veterans vs Sevilla 1st leg and then rest them at home in the 2nd leg. 3 games in 6 days is too much especially in a game where we are trying to do the remontada, so I'm probably guessing we are going to rest the veterans in either vs Sevilla or vs Valencia (I hope to god if that's the case, he rests them vs Sevilla).

The other problem is that if we do get to the Copa Semi's, I don't see many games where we can rest them with Valencia at home, potential Copa semi and then Bilbao away. The only hope I have is that if we do get to the semi's and if RM knocks out Girona, we draw vs the likes of Valencia/Getafe or Real Betis/Espanyol and can rest them then.

serghei

Sorry guys but abandoning the Copa is just dumb. A domestic double is considerably better than just a La Liga win. There are no guarantees in CL anyway.

PhilS

We'll see quite an effort from the Barca stars. They are rather competitive people, no way they want to go out to Sevilla.

xXKonan

DyGahgzWoAAH1UQ.jpg

Squad List.

shadows

So we are going strongest 11 tomorrow from the looks of it? Btw why is Murillo not even in the squad? Surely he can start in such games with Semedo and Lenglet?

Rest some midfielders instead like Vidal for example.

FCBfan22

I hope it's either Semedo at RB or Vidal in RCM. We can't have that highway on our right side again. Would actually go with this:

-------------MATS------------
Semedo-Pique-Lenglet-Alba
-----------Busquets----------
---Roberto-------Arthur-----
--Messi--Suarez--Coutinho--

Bob would add that attacking threat down the right side and would also help stopping Sevilla there.

shadows

I dont know what it is with EV wanting Roberto at RB alongside Pique despite the repeated disasters this season..Its not like Roberto has been an assist machine either during his time there... Similarly Rakitic-Busquets despite our play having been shit whenever the two of them have started in midfield.

We all know its gonna be
Roberto Pique

Busi Rakitic Vidal

Suarez Coutinho

bench coutinho and put in who? ?

malcom? lol, he is basically less talented coutinho

bench suarez and put in who? ?

kevin prince? lmao!!

u understand we r trying to win the tie right? not a friendly gamper match v boca to play bench warmers......

really dumb comment.........

if valverde plays all barca b like v levante 1st leg and we get thrashed i bet you will cry and blame him for that too.

ernesto cannot win with rabid fanbase.... crazy, just crazy.......

clemente

bench coutinho and put in who? ?

malcom? lol, he is basically less talented coutinho

bench suarez and put in who? ?

kevin prince? lmao!!

u understand we r trying to win the tie right? not a friendly gamper match v boca to play bench warmers......

really dumb comment.........

if valverde plays all barca b like v levante 1st leg and we get thrashed i bet you will cry and blame him for that too.

ernesto cannot win with rabid fanbase.... crazy, just crazy.......

Didn't say I disagree with every single pick there, just complaining about the slowest possible midfield, Rakitic and Busi makes it the slowest midfield in Europe, after 2 years your idol still hasn't made a change on it, also instead of Suarez can play Messi with Malcom on the wing, and obviously Roberto doesn't deserve to be there, but he will be, also no need to disrespect Prince, guy has already a better build-up than Suarez and doesn't lose the ball every time he gets it.

Andresito

Staff member
I'd like to see Aleña and Arthur start.
But I think Valverde will opt for Vidal's energy in a game like this.

Hardy

roberto, pique, rakitic and busi=sevillia to score at least 2 goals.

Remember in the liga's match Ter Stegen saved several times our ass and they still scored 2 goals.

Home of Barca Fans