Copa: Ibiza - Barca 1-2

serghei

Setien needs to program a hard training later this evening to punish these fools for how they presented themselves today :lol:.

Havesaks

I like the 1-game format better. Gives copa some edge.

Nice to that so many youngsters and "squadplayers" fielded. And we still managed to win it.

Horatio

You're welcome
BTW Griezmann is seriously dissapointing. I get that he didn't get much service but he should be able to have some impact against Ibiza of all teams.

Awful, awful half of football from us. Should consider ourselves lucky we didn't concede 3.

Post didn’t age well

Sorin

Sadly, this is what 1 legged Copa means. You go at this low level teams who play 150% and kick the hell out of you and if they get in front they time waste to no end.

I know but it's still infuriating when you see it. Could've left that pitch with 2 or 3 injured players while the ref barely noticed their disgusting play.

Serves them right we beat them in the 95th minute.

Gari

Setien: "Today we were not very comfortable with the ball. '""We were sloppy today. We have given them chances to hurt us.""I did not like what I was seeing, obviously. But I understand the difficulties you find in games like these, playing on artificial grass, against an aggressive team that defend very well..."
Griezmann: "We need time to adapt to the new 3-defender system. It costs us, we failed to shoot in the first MT. We need confidence to create more space in attack."

Last edited:

devo901

I understand vs. Ibiza 0-1 behind, playing away, it is tough - but man, was that an ugly match. Rude, not a lot of combos, nor chances... somehow we're through...
Tactically not a lot new info about Setien's new system
BTW: Neto's save with the left hand ,was a brilliant reflex, in the 38minute!!

Horatio

You're welcome
Well, it was a first half take. The second half was better all around for us.

But yeah, this is the kind of impact a 120m player should have when facing such a team.

In all fairness, we were underwhelming all throughout the game.
Again, we benefitted from the opposing team tiring themselves out.

LeeRomeno

Nightmarish first half, second half Ibiza just got tired and ended up making many defensive mistakes. Nethertheless this is how tikitaka goes in 2020 against high pressing agressive side. 80% possession, only couple of dangerous moments at the end of game when opponent is tired. Pretty weird lineup aswell.

BusiTheKing

Big pressure tonight and the seams clearly came apart. Let's see what happens when the side is fully sown and tailored.

Sorin

In all fairness, we were underwhelming all throughout the game.
Again, we benefitted from the opposing team tiring themselves out.

Agreed.
3-man back-line will destroy us. Especially in big games.

I hope the future proves me wrong.

I just hope Setien doesn't persist with this formation. Against dross at the Nou Camp sure, but against any respectable side and we'd get destroyed.

Against Valencia I want to see 4 at the back. Anything other than that and we'd risk a drubbing.

Home of Barca Fans