COPA FINAL 2018: Barca - Sevilla 5-0

Chainsaw

Killahead
Team was mentally and physically exhausted. You can see a certain pattern from our team last 2-3 years. Every time we got dropped out of CL we started playing better.

How come the team become mentally and physically THAT exhausted to be this bad all of a sudden? We are not talking about losing to a strong side like Real Madrid or losing 2-1 with many missing chances. The team lost 3-0 against the worst team left in the competition with almost no proper chance to make in the entire match. Just look at all the gap Dzeko had in the first and second goal. Did the entire Barca defence suddenly forgot how to do their regular job? The way Pique accompany Dzeko to the box and then pull him down like a 10 years old was absolutely ridiculous.

Kul_z

I dont want to talk about that night in rome, but this match was absolute beast mode on and the best match we played in a long time. Its been a while since we played that high pressure game, those dead balls were almost all ours, you could see the hunger in every duel, and the best part is we absolutely hammered sevilla with messi on his below average level. Coutinho confirmed that he belongs here, suarez is not dead yet(so f glad that he produced that performance) and ev needs to play dembele more often, give that kid a chance to shine. I could imagine him from that 30-60 min to produce such a demolition with his pace when we played that beast gear in that period. Ev, no more pragmatic and that defensive bullshit, all out attack in every game please.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
fucking get over it!

It's true tbh. It's a bitter pill to swallow. Even Busquets said that CL exit will cast a shadow over even a domestic double.

The only reason this match really mattered a lot to the players too is because it was Iniesta's last chance to lift a trophy for Barça.

PhilS

Yes, I would take the Liga and Copa double over just winning CL. Every year.

Some pretty fair teams went out of CL this year in the round of 8. It does not invalidate the entire season. For CL, you have to to come through is a fairly limited number of games. The best team does not always win CL. The best team in Liga always wins Liga.

Over 9 months, Barca outclassed RM, AM, and the rest of the strongest league in the world. This is a major accomplishment. If you can't appreciate that, you are not a cule.

KingLeo10

Yes, I would take the Liga and Copa double over just winning CL. Every year.

Some pretty fair teams went out of CL this year in the round of 8. It does not invalidate the entire season. For CL, you have to to come through is a fairly limited number of games. The best team does not always win CL. The best team in Liga always wins Liga.

Over 9 months, Barca outclassed RM, AM, and the rest of the strongest league in the world. This is a major accomplishment. If you can't appreciate that, you are not a cule.

the two things aren't mutually exclusive.

you can enjoy the domestic double and STILL be left absolutely bitter by the manner in which we exited the CL. if we go down swinging even in the round of 16 against top opposition, no fan would be bitter.

For the best team in our history (Pep's barca), the fame and legend came from the CL conquests and the style in which we won them, not from outclassing real domestically.

RevoTeller

Nobody asks to win the CL every year.
It simply is that the way we have been eliminated was nothing short than embarassing.

Getting eliminated by an average team like Roma, with a 4-1 lead, showing no spirit whatsoever, being completely outplayed is a fucking shame that threw the season to waste for what I care.
To hell this useless Rey Copa, we made the football world laugh out in tears against fucking Roma, with Messi putting on again a "walk in the park" performance when it matters the most, tarnishing once again and once more his legacy of these last few years (bar 2015).

Winning 20-0 against Sevilla like yesterday doesn't change a goddamn thing.

Jakabor

Nobody asks to win the CL every year.
It simply is that the way we have been eliminated was nothing short than embarassing.

Getting eliminated by an average team like Roma, with a 4-1 lead, showing no spirit whatsoever, being completely outplayed is a fucking shame that threw the season to waste for what I care.
To hell this useless Rey Copa, we made the football world laugh out in tears against fucking Roma, with Messi putting on again a "walk in the park" performance when it matters the most, tarnishing once again and once more his legacy of these last few years (bar 2015).

Winning 20-0 against Sevilla like yesterday doesn't change a goddamn thing.

And what about the league title? The potential undefeated and historic league title/Double?

Are Barca fans going to act like ungrateful twats about these titles and accomplishments too?

Mitchell1978

The main reason we lost to Roma was because everybody underestimated them, the coach, the players and the fans.
Loads of people here were already talking about resting players that game of who we wore going to face in the semi-finals.

jairzinho

Resting players in Rome ?

Most fans including myself were in favour of resting players against Leganes. Messi and Saurez played 90 minutes and Iniesta played up to the 80th minute. Really unnecessary.

Richard.H

And what about the league title? The potential undefeated and historic league title/Double?

Are Barca fans going to act like ungrateful twats about these titles and accomplishments too?

I don't think any Barca fans here are ungrateful. All of us do enjoy winning the domestic double. However, a team of Barca's grand stature, with the amount of talent in our starting 11, and how well our arch rivals are doing in the CL, it's no surprise that a lot of fans would be furious (me included). We won't get a draw as easy as this one in quite a while.

In 20 years, when football fans look back into this era, they are not going to say, "look at how many La Ligas and CDR's barca won", they will say, "look at how many CL's Real Madrid won". That is absolute fact, and every fan wants their team to make history and to be remembered. That's the cold harsh truth, but it is true and anyone who denies it is quite delusional.

Givenchy

watch those fans change their tune when Bayern dump Madrid out the CL, suddenly it will be hailed a great season.

Home of Barca Fans