Copa del Rey 1/16 final: UD Barbastro - Barca 2-3

Andresito

Staff member
These first CdR games are usually a pain in the ass to watch.

Would've been a good opportunity to give the reserves a chance but with half the team injured we might have to rely on our regulars for this one as well. Could be a similar XI as against Antwerp. We're thin at fullback so we shouldn't really risk Balde.

Hope Roque gets at least 60 minutes.

Messi983

Totally forgot we're playing this on weekend, for some reason I thought we're off until we're leaving for Saudi Cup next week.

Chance for less regular players to get minutes but will probably be a tough game like usual against these minnows in early Copa rounds. Should still take it seriously as CDR is probably our most realistic chance to win silverware this season.

IIRC at least 7 first team players have to play and likes of Fermin and Yamal are ofc still registered as B team players despite being in first team dynamics. So unlikely any actual B team player will start. Maybe Fort (or Casado) with Cancelo out but likes of Cubarsi, Faye (wouldn't mind seeing him as LB) and Prim will have to wait on their chance from the bench.

I hope Roque will start but at the same time I'm sure Yamal will and doubt Xavi will play both youngsters from the start. So might use Ferran upfront instead and then bring on Roque early in 2nd half.

Hopefully Inigo will be back but not sure if we should risk him. Depends on conditions of the pitch too I guess. Might come on in 2nd half if available.

My best guess for the lineup would be something like

Pena, Fort, Kounde, Christensen, Balde, Romeu, Roberto, Fermin, Felix, Roque/Ferran, Yamal

FDJ and especially Gundo (he has already played over 2.000 minutes, next are Lewy and Cancelo with around 1.700) shouldn't play unless really needed. But then we're probably in deep shiet anyway, lol.

Windhook

There will be few experienced players on the pitch, for sure. You can't just throw 11 Juvenil A players and expect one-sided game. Pena, Roberto, Ferran and Roque I'm sure will participate as they need minutes.

Home of Barca Fans