Copa: Atletico Madrid - FC Barcelona 2-3

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Call me crazy but I think we should start Pedro tonight. He's exactly what we need to match Atletico's intensity and give us more options with his speed when we counter

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Call me crazy but I think we should start Pedro tonight. He's exactly what we need to match Atletico's intensity and give us more options with his speed when we counter

You won't ban me for calling you crazy right?

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

Crazy. :coffee:

I think he'd be better used as a second half sub. Coming on fresh against a tired Atleti.

Kohe321

At the expense of Neymar who is always brilliant against them? Pedro usually disappears completely when faced with an organized defence. Also, one of the reasons we have been so successful in our two latest games against them is that we have had certain players who have dribled past one or two defenders, creating unbalance in their very structured defence. This is tactically one of the big factors needed to score against Atletico, and one where Neymar is better suited than Pedro.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Suarez was rested vs. Elche, so yeah, Neymar is only option. I know Ney's been good vs. Atleti but I'd still like to try with Pedro who's fresher. Let Neymar in in 2nd half when Atleti's defense is less sharp

You won't ban me for calling you crazy right?

Just for the duration of elections!

Kohe321

Squad: Ter Stegen, Alves, Piqué, Mascherano, Alba, Busquets, Rakitic, Iniesta, Messi, Suárez and Neymar

Looks good, can't wait now! Just one more hour to go :barca scarf:

Leo_Messi

1 goal scored by FCB and Atlético will have to score 3 goals to qualify. Just saying.

It would thus be foolish to have a overly defensive/conservative approach to the game.

In fact it would be great if FCB were the team that started aggressively and tried to score the first goal. I bet that this would somewhat come as a surprise for Simeone.

-------

Ter Stegen; Alves, Piqué, Mascherano Alba; Rakitic, Busquets, Iniesta; Messi, Luis Suárez y Neymar.

As expected.

Home of Barca Fans