Copa America 2020

Morten

So, Brazil needed 10 minutes overtime to win?
They've been strolling through the matches 3-4 to 0 so far, sign of weakness?

FinBarcelonafan

Corrupt win by Brazil.

Even the first Brazilian goal was very questionable. The pass hits the referee and usually they stop the game but they continued and Brazil scores. I don't think it should count imo. Columbiams quit playing because referee obstructed the game big time

Horatio

You're welcome
Even the first Brazilian goal was very questionable. The pass hits the referee and usually they stop the game but they continued and Brazil scores. I don't think it should count imo. Columbiams quit playing because referee obstructed the game big time

Also referee seemed ready to whistle with his body language which confused the players. Shouldve been halted and ball from hand from ref. Very weird. Ref also took a long time talking to Colombian players, only shows he knows he %{*{ed up.

FinBarcelonafan

Also referee seemed ready to whistle with his body language which confused the players. Shouldve been halted and ball from hand from ref. Very weird. Ref also took a long time talking to Colombian players, only shows he knows he %{*{ed up.

Good point. It definitely looked very weird. The ref messed up.

Horatio

You're welcome
Good point. It definitely looked very weird. The ref messed up.

Any other ref would have given yellow to Ospina for 5 minutes of yelling in his face together with other Colombian players. But yeah, ref guilt tripping as he knew he allowed a questionable decision.

Horatio

You're welcome
This Brazil team also a bit overhyped imo(had this opinion for a while now). Attack does not go as fluent as one would expect and still a few bums in the team. Neymar and Casemiro stand-out players with former not even playing his best. They also have great keeper obviously.

Jenks

I'm pretty sure the game only needs to be stopped if possession changes hands.

Horatio

You're welcome
I'm pretty sure the game only needs to be stopped if possession changes hands.

Not exactly. There are a few conditions. According to rules if a promising attack is going on the ref should blow the whistle if he interferes.

Apparently there might be a suspension on the way.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans