Copa 1/2 Final: FC Barcelona - Sevilla 3-2 (agg)

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Might even do it if we kept you out of the chat :p

:angry::rap:

Worked fine at the weekend. Question will be how it holds up having to attack a counter attacking side. But worth to test, we already know the answer if it is Pique-Lenglet in a back two.

Im sure we will face an another Sevilla tomorrow, they are burning for Copa. It will be hard but if you have a leo in your team nothing is impossible.

Andresito

Staff member
Leo was highly motivated for the league game against Sevilla. Can he do it two games in a row nowadays? We shall see.

soul24rage

I have a feeling Sevilla will be more defensive from the start and look to counter more.

Because of this, I would consider partnering Messi with Braithwaite to occupy the CBs.

Vilarrubi

Braithwaite’s link up play been okay last couple of games. Hoping Dembele can carry on form from last game though.

FC B

league doesnt seem realistic, if we turn the copa match we have a big chance to win it.

Very hard to overturn a 0-2 deficit against this Sevilla side by such a Barca we have today but surely not impossible. In such case we'll meet Bilbao in the final, yet another team we struggle against.

mc_lovin

Elaborate, so maybe I can learn something

Braitwaite or Dembele? Theres not much to elaborate. One is below average and the other is average to (quite) good. I wouldnt even give the physical edge to the former. Both have the same main attribute: speed. Other than that Dembele actually has ability.

soul24rage

Braitwaite or Dembele? Theres not much to elaborate. One is below average and the other is average to (quite) good. I wouldnt even give the physical edge to the former. Both have the same main attribute: speed. Other than that Dembele actually has ability.

For me, it depends on how Sevilla approaches the game.

If they are more focused on being defensive, then obviously space will be reduced and Dembele is not much use without space. For all his flaws, Braithwaite is still the best in our squad at playing with his back to goal (which is still average at best) so I would trust Braithwaite more in that situation.

If they will be aggressive and press high up, then Dembele is my man. But the fact that they already have a 2 goal lead in this tie makes me think that they will go for the defensive approach, which is why I prefer Braithwaite for that situation. You still have the option to bring in Dembele in the 2nd half when teams start to get tired.

mc_lovin

For me, it depends on how Sevilla approaches the game.

If they are more focused on being defensive, then obviously space will be reduced and Dembele is not much use without space. For all his flaws, Braithwaite is still the best in our squad at playing with his back to goal (which is still average at best) so I would trust Braithwaite more in that situation.

If they will be aggressive and press high up, then Dembele is my man. But the fact that they already have a 2 goal lead in this tie makes me think that they will go for the defensive approach, which is why I prefer Braithwaite for that situation. You still have the option to bring in Dembele in the 2nd half when teams start to get tired.

Maybe I do Braithwaite grave injustice, but for me hes atrocious in every aspect of the game bar running in straight lines. Especially playing with his back to goal (not Dembeles strong suit either though).

Home of Barca Fans