Cody Gakpo

Barcilliant

Klopp will turn him into a beast, calling it now.

Our resident Pool fan can tell us more but it looks like Arthur will stay til summer to cover midfield, Gakpo now and then going big on Bellingham in the summer?

I agree. He is the perfect player for Klopps system. Very physical player who should fit like a glove. I think he will settle pretty quickly there and do very well.

Nucky

I'd be wary of buying the stars of Eredivisie.

Took a quick look and some players who moved for +30m these past few years are:
Memphis, Milik, Davinson Sanchez, Lozano, Bergwijn, VdB, Ziyech, Malen and of course MdL and FdJ.

I agree on this one.. Out of all these mentioned players only Frenkie managed to showed something, others were never the same.. Lozano was decent at Napoli but thats it, only decent.. This isn't the 90s anymore when you could get the likes of Bergkamp,Kluivert,Seedorf,Stam and others from Holland.. We'll see how Gapko does in Liverpool but I'm not expecting much..

Porque

Have doubts about the GapCo making it at the highest level. Which is why Im surprised he signed for Liverpool and not Man UTD.

Birdy

Please tell me we aren't buying the Dutch Dele Alli.

Grim.

Who is calling the shots now Temp?

It is true that Klopp and Linders now decide on targets since Edwards left? Did the same happen with Nunez?
Would be a downgrade from the most successful transfer strategy model (analytics based) ever at club level

Temptation

Who is calling the shots now Temp?

It is true that Klopp and Linders now decide on targets since Edwards left? Did the same happen with Nunez?
Would be a downgrade from the most successful transfer strategy model (analytics based) ever at club level

The backroom staff is still mostly there so the transfer analytics skills are still very strong in our club.

But now Klopp has way more say on transfers than he had before.

Nunez was a Klopp signing more or less(also approved by the recruitment team)....

We are still scouting and targetting fantastic players. We wanted Tchou and Bellingham but couldn't get them(for Jude fingers crossed but unlikely)....

Andresito

Staff member
Will be interesting to see how Klopp balances out Salah, Gakpo, Nunez, Jota, Diaz and Frimino

Bobby's contract is out in 2023. Not sure he'll want to renew when they cannot guarantee playing time.

Diaz is out until March, Jota another 4-5 weeks.

Gakpo will probably get plenty of playing time short term. Of course it will be more troubling when all are back, but there is a while until then. Can always play a 4-2-3-1 to squeeze as many of them in as possible.
Plus the schedule is packed.

soul24rage

Bobby's contract is out in 2023. Not sure he'll want to renew when they cannot guarantee playing time.

Diaz is out until March, Jota another 4-5 weeks.

Gakpo will probably get plenty of playing time short term. Of course it will be more troubling when all are back, but there is a while until then. Can always play a 4-2-3-1 to squeeze as many of them in as possible.
Plus the schedule is packed.

From what I've seen so far, none of Gakpo, Nunez, Jota and Diaz can play as a RW.

1 injury to Salah and it'll be a headache

Birdy

Birdy/Soul you lot know anything about Gakpo's game? Tactically, playing style, roles, strengths, etc??

Sorry Temp, I don't watch Eredivisie

Only the few things I saw in the WC, like being physical, great shot, seems like having a scoring ability, able to play on many positions, etc
but that's about it

PS: Found this MEGA thread worth looking at https://twitter.com/EBL2017/status/1607726134497771522

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans