Clement Lenglet (loaned to Aston Villa)

xXKonan

Except Umtiti, we usually always pay crazy prices though. I dont think the days of smart buys are over to be honest. The price of Inigo was for his many years of la liga experience, unlike Lenglet. What would Benjamin Pavard from Stuttgart cost us? He's a similar type of player. A good season for Stuttgart and being rewarded with a World Cup spot for France. If Lenglet ends up costing us 40-45m euros, it seems like a far higher price than what someone like Pavard would cost us.
Oh I agree Pavard would have been a great shout but by the looks it Valverde wanted a CB who has some La Liga experience and they decided Lenglet will be that guy despite his young age.

As for Inigo Martinez 32 Million for him vs 38 Million for Lenglet, out of the two I would go for Lenglet no question. Inigo Martinez has a lot of experience but I consider him more or less a more refined Bartra, great player with the ball at his feet but nothing more than an average defender that turns 27 this year and has no upside whatsoever.

At least with Lenglet, he's shown a lot of talent and he's only 22 years old who potentially has a better resale value down the line than someone like Martinez.

xXKonan

Just watching some more Highlights while we know he's left footed he doesn't seem all that bad with his right foot at times. Makes me want to see how well he can fare at RCB next to Umtiti.

And in a lot of those Highlight videos it's quite funny how many of them shows him having to cover both Escudero and even the RCB at times because Sevilla looked like a total mess tactical wise. :lol:

Sorin

Keep adding French players please. All for the master plan in 3 years.

Griezmann, Mbappe, Dembele front 3 :redbeard:

Jombi

Good signing. Can't really miss with buying players that Monchi has discovered. :)

Wasnt the last player we signed from Sevilla Aleix Vidal?

I think its odd if we keep focus on La Liga experience when players like Vidal, Turan and Gomes were just bought while non-La Liga Umtiti has been a great bargain. That could indicate that the coach still has too much say and we're operating with tunnel vision.

raki

What about Pavard instead of Lenglet?

Lenglet is left footed. Could it be the main factor, besides his quality.

MTL_Barca

What about Pavard instead of Lenglet?

Lenglet is left footed. Could it be the main factor, besides his quality.

Apparently Stuttgart wants 50 mil for him so it's more like a De Ligt price. We also can only offer the bench for now so that might make things a bit harder with these young CBs.

But yeah it's a great talent, would take him over Lenglet if possible.

Sorin

Tbf he played as a RB but was rinsed over and over by Chiesa. He looked better in attack which such a strange thing for a CB.

But yeah, the guy looks promising.

Home of Barca Fans