Claudio Bravo

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Just me or is Marca trying their best to say we're selling Bravo for peanuts?

17 m EUR is all I can see around the mighty internet and it's all got marca written all over it. I doubt we'd sell Bravo for that little.

Edit: ⇈ some people are fucking weird ⇈

Last edited:

Howes

For a short term stop gap, Bravo's been pretty amazing. Selling a player his age for 17mil is great business from the club.

F

Flavia

When you are the 1st keeper, you don't ask to leave with two weeks left of the window, it doesn't work like that.

We don't know what happened, or when he asked to leave. And he wasn't the 1st keeper, he never played in UCL for Barça.

PhilS

Barca brought in both Bravo and Ter Stegen because they wanted to have two world-class keepers at the same time. Barca is a very rich club, plays the heaviest schedule of any team in the world, having two provides injury/suspension coverage.

Bravo has been fantastic: he has won every competition he has played in for two years, 2 Ligas and 2 Copa Americas. This is the best record of any keeper in the world over this period. Ter Stegen has not looked quite as good, but it is harder to be consistent not playing enough, he is still developing, and a CL and two Copas is not too shabby.

So, as we have seen before at other positions, this quality of depth is great to have, but players of this level just won't put up with it for too long. These two are forcing Barca to pick one, Barca seems to be going with the younger. Not surprising. Inevitable, really. I hate to see Bravo leave, but Ter Stegen is (I hope) the one to go with. Now, Diego Alves to be #2, please, Masip will never be good enough.

Bravo will be a big improvement for City, Hart fanboys just have not been paying attention for the last couple of years.

Home of Barca Fans