CL | Round of 16: PSG - FC Barcelona (5-2 agg)

If I was the manager of FC Barcelona,
I'd say we should rebuild a team of intensity where all the 10 field-players can run tiressly to press and chase the ball (This how City, Liverpool and Bayern work).
And it applies for all players, in defence or in attack. As for defence, we need to rely on fast defenders, like Mingueza and Araujo, and get rid of the bums like Linglet, and sell Umtiti too because he can never return to the past-Umtiti after his bad knee injury.

Birdy

If I was the manager of FC Barcelona,
I'd say we should rebuild a team of intensity where all the 10 field-players can run tiressly to press and chase the ball (This how City, Liverpool and Bayern work).
And it applies for all players, in defence or in attack.

So without MEssi you say

Vilarrubi

Didn’t they say Mbappe hadn’t scored in CL knockout since 2018?.....

Of course he fucking did against us :lol: our defence makes players like Origi turn into Pele.

malvolio

Barca are progressing and going in right direction compared to another season of last year with same players older. The decisons taken by Koemann tonight were crazy against this PSG.

shut the fuck up jammie. we've been this shit in all big games this season. but you still bang on about right direction. we are just as fucked, with oldies or the young ones.

Expected result with the same defence that started against Bayern (except for Dest) plus Busquets in the midfield. Obviously the rebuild is giving the expected results already.

JamDav1982

shut the fuck up jammie. we've been this shit it all big games this season. but you still bang on about right direction. we are just as fucked, with oldies or the young ones.

Shut the fuck up yersel.

Right direction in moving squad on from where it was last summer without a doubt.

There was nothing to gain by keeping old players that lost in the same circumstances. They need to weed out the remainder of them and anyone else they see fit.

You thought Barca would be so shit predicted a draw or close tie...

Richard.H

At this point we have to really start asking if we are the next AC Milan. It took them a very long time to rebuild and have a decent youth core. There are a lot of similarities.

malvolio

Shut the fuck up yersel.

Right direction in moving squad on from where it was last summer without a doubt.

There was nothing to gain by keeping old players that lost in the same circumstances. They need to weed out the remainder of them and anyone else they see fit.

You thought Barca would be so shit predicted a draw or close tie...

we are a shambles. regardless of what we did in the summer. we haven't bought one serious player and are relying on some kids that are either not ready or pure shite, in big games.

we have no defined way of playing, we are shite in all departments.

but, yeah i got it wrong in thinking we would lose this bad :lol:

JamDav1982

we are a shambles. regardless of what we did in the summer. we haven't bought one serious player and are relying on some kids that are either not ready or pure shite, in big games.

There is no money but you think Suarez changes any of this is farcical. The likes of Suarez and other old players that cant run is a major reason for these defeats.

Birdy

IF you expect mega-signings, look at the financial situation of the club and think it again.
IT will be youth all the way the next years.
So deal with it, and stop whining.

So without MEssi you say

In general, Messi is my favorite player.
But I don't think he can handle the high-intensity games in his actual age in 2021, as we need very dynamic players who run consistently to cover spaces.
Even if Messi plays those games, I see him play like 30-40 minutes in the second-half, not for 90 minutes. This is my opinion.
If you play Messi, you need to have a strong team with excellent effective defenders, and fortunately that barca squad doesn't have that quality in defence.

malvolio

IF you expect mega-signings, look at the financial situation of the club and think it again.
IT will be youth all the way the next years.
So deal with it, and stop whining.

nah, i expect you to throw some Xg stats. get the fuck outta here :lol:

Barcilliant

Hmmmm. So it's no longer a question of transitioned season but SEASONS.
We're talking years here. At least three or four. Not only are Barca in transition but La Liga is too. We are officially the farmers league now. No doubt about it.
Club needs a massive shift in philosophy and shift in the way it thinks about football.
I can't think of any club that has been battered in 5 consecutive cl. Absolutely shambolic. Disgraceful. The lack of courage to make big decisions is astounding.
I cannot understand why the players look so weak.
I really think we need to look at the Bundesliga and Pl for inspiration.

Home of Barca Fans