CL Round of 16: Barca - Napoli 3-1

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nazario1985

We got an idea on how our midfield looks without FDJ/Pedri against Mallorca. There will be immense pressure on our defense and we have to be very clinical in front of goal to pull this trough.

Anyway, going trough will just extend the agony until we get decapitated by a big team. At this point we are in it just so we get some extra millions.

To be fair Pedri is trash since he's back, it's like he knew he was going to relapse . so it's mostly FDJ we'll miss the most

KingLeo10

When Temptation (a known Barca hater; not hating, you've admitted this yourself) has better perspective than some of the masochists like BJJ who want us to lose 10-0 and what not, it really is something to behold :lol:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

When Temptation (a known Barca hater; not hating, you've admitted this yourself) has better perspective than some of the masochists like BJJ who want us to lose 10-0 and what not, it really is something to behold :lol:

If Tempt guarantees us Klopp next season, we could think about selling BJJ and buying Tempt :pique:

Vladinho

On the other side, such scenario would be detrimental to the club. Laporta and co would very likely asking and pressing Xavi to continue for at least one more season since he got into the CL semis and potentially finished 2nd in the league. Xavi on the bench isn't good for the club, pretty much everybody saw it.
If it means Kloppo from 2025, I'm all for Xavi staying the next season. Just the thought of seing Big Man Klopp here would made my cope with Xavi's football next season.

malvolio

If it means Kloppo from 2025, I'm all for Xavi staying the next season. Just the thought of seing Big Man Klopp here would made my cope with Xavi's football next season.
People overthink this stuff with Pep/Klopp. Getting them would be for a couple of seasons, if it happens. They are not Messiahs that will have Fergie like stints and will be here for 25 years to win us everything.

I too would like to have them, but on the other hand things change quickly and new young hungry managers appear all the time. Who knows, maybe Arteta, Alonso or Motta will be just as good or even better. Barca and Madrid usually don't keep managers for long anyway. No point in overthinking.

Maybe Madrid having a great young squad spearheaded by Mbappe will make getting Klopp useless.

FC B

Yeah, ofc, but the scenario with Klopp here is pure speculation, would love to but think it is very unlikely to happen.

Horatio

You're welcome
Already picked out my pizza. Promotion going on where 2nd is free siu. AM looking forward to this game. Was a long but productive day.

kattanib

Simple.

Xavi needs to admit that we are a weak team and play accordingly.

Hold the ball and depend on the genius of Yamal and Gundogan to create play.

Play Felix and Lewa in attack.

Play Chris and Roberto in midfield.

Play Cubarsi instead of #5

kattanib

The main reason I have little faith in winning today is not trusting Xavis abilities. I would trust Pep with our B squad

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Already picked out my pizza. Promotion going on where 2nd is free siu. AM looking forward to this game. Was a long but productive day.

Chicken hearts and liver for me tonight. Kept delaying it but expiration date running closer :lol:

Loki

It'll depend on our efficiency tonight. Xavi will pressure Napoli from the first minute, but if we can't score and our players get tired, Napoli will use the gaps and kill us 2nd half. If it goes to penalty, we'll lose most definitely, because our players are one of the worst shooters in professional football, especially in penalties.

I hope for:

MAtS
Kounde-Cubarsi-Araujo-Cancelo
Christensen
Fermin - Gundo
Yamal - Lewy - Felix

Let Fermin run around like a boar until he is out of steam around minute 55-60, sub Raphinha 2nd half with fresh legs. Roque too if needed.

Either 5y rum or Sake for me. I can't eat anyways if I'm nervous.

kattanib

It'll depend on our efficiency tonight. Xavi will pressure Napoli from the first minute, but if we can't score and our players get tired, Napoli will use the gaps and kill us 2nd half. If it goes to penalty, we'll lose most definitely, because our players are one of the worst shooters in professional football, especially in penalties.

I hope for:

MAtS
Kounde-Cubarsi-Araujo-Cancelo
Christensen
Fermin - Gundo
Yamal - Lewy - Felix

Let Fermin run around like a boar until he is out of steam around minute 55-60, sub Raphinha 2nd half with fresh legs. Roque too if needed.

Either 5y rum or Sake for me. I can't eat anyways if I'm nervous.
No Fermin please .. this is a good lineup but not with this kid, its basically a 1 midfield formation. Not sure what is the status with Roberto but let us put him in midfield if we can

Home of Barca Fans