CL Round 6: Viktoria Plzen - FC Barcelona 2-4

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Xavi is a terrible manager. He's a dollarstore version of van Gaal. He's our version of Steven Gerrard or Andrea Pirlo or Frank Lampard. Take your pick.

The problem with this club is that they simply don't realize how special Pep and Cruyff were. Instead of trying to go for cheap copies of both how they want to play and who they want to hire they would be better off just adapting.

El Gato

Villarato!
Xavi is a terrible manager. He's a dollarstore version of van Gaal. He's our version of Steven Gerrard or Andrea Pirlo or Frank Lampard. Take your pick.

Amusingly, I think even OGS has a shout for being a better manager than Xavi for the team he entered. Lamps also had redeeming factor of actively championing Reece, Tammy, CHO, Mount at the expense of a David Luiz figure even if also out of their depth as a coach at this point in their career

People like to compare Xavi to Zidane when couldn't be more different either. Zidane was at the club for 4 years before he got the nod. Was at least around the locker room getting to know and understand his players + not try to overengineer the solutions while staying flexible. Xavi appointment just feels like it's supposed to happen but nobody knows why

Last edited:

mesiesta

You got it...

But I am amazed he didn't miss that. It was an "open net" do he may fucked it up...

He fucks up only in important matches when we really need those goals. I will not be surprised if he will end up with hat-trick today against Plzen.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Amusingly, I think even OGS has a shout for being a better manager than Xavi for the team he entered. Lamps also had redeeming factor of actively championing Reece, Tammy, CHO, Mount at the expense of a David Luiz figure even if also out of their depth at this point in their career

I had some hope, but it's as they say. It's the hope that kills you.

Laporta seem to have his head so far up his ass whilst also being guided by a bunch of idiots I'm not sure he'll even realize it. Especially when he's guided by people like his lapdog who was claiming this team was great but Messi was holding it back lol.

Gari

Now what does Xavi have to do with it? They came out for the first time in this line-up, there is no midfield, Pique and Alonso, Bellerin and Alba are in defense, Ferran is in attack. The score is 2:0.

Home of Barca Fans