CL | Round 6: Bayern Munchen - FC Barcelona 3-0

Richard.H

One thing I never understood is why Lucho let the foot off the pedal during the 2015 CL second leg. It was clear from the start Lucho told the players to not play 100 %. Why? Did we have an important match that weekend? I can't remember. I hate how we are always the "nice" team of Europe.

serghei

One thing I never understood is why Lucho let the foot off the pedal during the 2015 CL second leg. It was clear from the start Lucho told the players to not play 100 %. Why? Did we have an important match that weekend? I can't remember. I hate how we are always the "nice" team of Europe.

I think we won the league away to Atletico that weekend, 1-0.

serghei

The 2009 one bugs me off. Could have won that game by 6-0 easily. It was 4 after 40 mins or so. Should have had a stonewall penalty too.

KingLeo10

We had a treble to win. Big away game v AM that we won 1-0 to clinch the league.

Also, we save our thumpings for RM. Even in the final 2011 v United, we could have obliterated them for 6-7 goals but just fucked around after the 3-1.

serghei

We had a treble to win. Big away game v AM that we won 1-0 to clinch the league.

Also, we save our thumpings for RM. Even in the final 2011 v United, we could have obliterated them for 6-7 goals but just fucked around after the 3-1.

Nah, I think that United team was very good. Could have scored 1-2 more, but 6-7 is pushing it. Bayern in 2009 though, they were trash and let them escape with a decent 0-4 loss, could have handed them a historic beatdown.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Reality is going to hit hard on Tueday evening.

I cannot see a scenario where we'll win unless Bayern play like they don't even want to be out there. Alba alone is probably going to shit himself and lead to a couple of chances for them.

As long as they play their hearts out and compete I'll be happy. This attack cannot win you games like this and weak links like Alba, Pique, Busquets when under pressure and of course that German Freezer.

Barcilliant

Benfica are playing at home. Easy win. For them. Kiev have nothing to play for but pride.
It's the Europa League for us.

Birdy

The 2009 one bugs me off. Could have won that game by 6-0 easily. It was 4 after 40 mins or so. Should have had a stonewall penalty too.

I think we could have won that 8-0 or more.

Rumor is that Karl Heinz Rummeninge walked into Barca's dressing room at half time after witnessing his team being taken apart by Pep's super-team,
and begged our players to not humiliate Bayern and take it easy in the 2nd half.

Don't know if true, but even if there is slight chance it is, can you believe that these fuckers who never stop when they are on to humiliate someone
had the audacity to ask for mercy??

Devils

Bayern will never pass up the opportunity to smash a top European club.

Just a shame that Xavi is put into this situation. Hate that this has to fall on his shoulders.

Laporta and the board are idiots for not sacking Koeman in the summer.

Last edited:

Birdy

But going to EL might be a blessing in disguise:
facing easier opponents: Benfica level and below at least until QF or SF

XAvi gets more time to teach something to the team, and we have a chance to go deep into the tournament.
I would fancy an EL trophy to save this seemingly trophy-less season

jairzinho

But going to EL might be a blessing in disguise:
facing easier opponents: Benfica level and below at least until QF or SF

XAvi gets more time to teach something to the team, and we have a chance to go deep into the tournament.
I would fancy an EL trophy to save this seemingly trophy-less season

Looks like Xavi is learning and figuring things out on the go. Betis game was lost due to tactical naivety on his part. Not to sound too negative but If we can't beat likes of Betis on our own patch we're not going to reach too far in EL. Can see teams like Ludogorets and Sherrif exposing us if Xavi doesn't figure things out.

FinBarcelonafan

Good-Fellas-Hilarious.jpg

Thus is good.

Barcilliant

The club as a whole hasn't recovered psychologically from the Roma and Liverpool debacles. The warning signs were there before with heavy defeats to PSG and Juve but everyone ignored them.
If we get another mauling from Bayern it may traumatise these kids for years to come.

Barcilliant

I think we could have won that 8-0 or more.

Rumor is that Karl Heinz Rummeninge walked into Barca's dressing room at half time after witnessing his team being taken apart by Pep's super-team,
and begged our players to not humiliate Bayern and take it easy in the 2nd half.

Don't know if true, but even if there is slight chance it is, can you believe that these fuckers who never stop when they are on to humiliate someone
had the audacity to ask for mercy??

I highly doubt it. I know for a fact that during the world cup semi against Brazil a member of the German delegation td the German team to play seriously but not showboat and make fun of Brazil. They were probably scared they wouldn't make it out of the ground.

Home of Barca Fans