CL | Round 6: Bayern Munchen - FC Barcelona 3-0

Daisymorr

This game depends on how Bayern approach it, we are at their mercy. Sad but true.

If they are up for it properly it could be 3 goals or more of a defeat, if they are not we may lose by 1 or squeak a draw.

BBZ8800

I bet once in 10 years, when there is some ultra easy money.

I'll put some money on 2-3 goals advantage for Bayern.

Horatio

You're welcome
If people are going to rig a game why one that is such high profile?

This is what Conference League is for.

Horatio

You're welcome
it doesn't get better than this i suppose - https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2012/jun/18/euro-2012-sweden-denmark-2-2

not only they needed the draw, but that exact 2-2 score also.

and you're telling me a miserable 0-1 win for barca with some dodgy penalty awarded, can't happen?

Unlikely outcomes happen from time to time. It is part of the game. Would be more strange if those didnt happen.

Game that comes to mind which echoed matchfixing at the time was dinamo zagreb lyon 1-7 game. And even then cant claim it was a case of matchfixing with a high rate of certainty.

Last edited:

malvolio

Unlikely outcomes happen from time to time. It is part of the game. Would be more strange if it didnt happen.

Game that comes to mind which echoed matchfixing at the time was dinamo zagreb lyon 1-7 game. And even then cant claim it was a case of matchfixing with a high rate of certainty.

sure, you can't call it match-fixing if no one gets caught and uefa runs an investigation that proves that.

uefa just turns a blind eye on stuff like this because they don't want the negative publicity for the competition and other legal stuff that might come their way.

you do know that last season they had a referee at one of the games which was caught match-fixing in his country? - https://sports.ndtv.com/football/champions-league-referee-implicated-in-match-fixing-case-2336382

the whole story was brushed under the carpet pretty quickly by uefa.

also last season there was that so called racism scandal at the psg game. when in fact there was no racism there. but uefa dully went with the will of the psg players/media/fans and erased that referee from competitions.

Home of Barca Fans