CL | Round 5: Juventus - FC Barcelona 0-0

Horatio

You're welcome
So, he plays Messi vs Leganes full match, and he rests him in a 5 star game away to Juventus? What the hell is wrong with this picture?

In this case, I expect Messi to run 10km vs Valencia.

Be sensible guys. Maybe Valverde wanted to rest him against Leganes but Messi refused to and now probably has given in admitting his body is overworked.

BarçaBarça

I'm preparing for a reaaally boring game then. No Messi. It seems mad - but in the end - if we draw tonight (still possible without Messi) and win against Valencia, then priorities were right (and you all now it).

serghei

Be sensible guys. Maybe Valverde wanted to rest him against Leganes but Messi refused to and now probably has given in admitting his body is overworked.

I'm trying, but it doesn't make much sense. Could have went out at 2-0 vs Leganes in min 60.

FCBfan22

🔴🔵 Substitutes: 13.Cillessen 6.Denis 10.Messi 17.Alcácer 18.J.Alba 22.Aleix Vidal 24.Vermaelen #JuveBarça

The tweet, I thought, that can only happen in the cup games.

Also, Messi benched before Suarez. LMAO.

vlad

Im really looking forward to this match, even more now when i know messi will be on the bench, against tough opponent without messi.... lets see what valverde can do

Horatio

You're welcome
I'm trying, but it doesn't make much sense. Could have went out at 2-0 vs Leganes in min 60.

Well we have to accept it was probably Messi's idea partially, because in no way would Messi accept not to play if he feels ready even when he isn't.
He loves to play games like these.

Edit: He is at least on the bench.

Devils

He can rest after Valencia since we have CDR next week.

This is just poor planning. Maybe it was physio or someone on the medical team that monitors Messi suggested that he rest because he is at risk of injury or something.

But this was stupid on Valverde's part anyway, not giving Messi any rest for 3 whole months.

raskolnikov

Valverde is fucking up his rotations all season so far. Burning out our key players.
Either that or he knows we aint going to win cl and wants a fit Messi for Valencia.

Home of Barca Fans