CL | Round 3: Slavia Prague - FC Barcelona 1-2

Gari

Slavia ran more than 15 km, at the end she became, and in our team one Dembele can run forward, but he is afraid to even think about deciding everything himself, passes back.
Ernesto Valverde: "This was the game I expected it to be. It was very clear that whenever we lost the ball, they were dangerous going forward. At the end, we were more calm, despite the close score""You have to know how to play these types of games if you want to succeed. We lacked some calmness in the opposite half. However, we still had chances, which were clearer than the ones of the opponent".:valverde2:

Last edited:

Centauri B

Slavia ran more than 15 km, at the end she became, and in our team one Dembele can run forward, but he is afraid to even think about deciding everything himself, passes back.

Slavia ran 15Ks more than Barca?

I am not surprised. Our conditioning seems awful, lots of old farts in the team.

SeloBarca

It's no surprise considering we only do rondos at training sessions. We only have a few genuine athletes on the team.

Yea, ive been thinking about that.
Every damn trainingsession you see on barca channel they are always doing rondos and nothing else.
Then you watch Guardiolas or Klopps training sessions where they train playcombinations, tactics, running and gets yelled at if they dont do what they are told.

eaman

Terrible performance and yes we could have ran more but if the midfield were able to dominate the ball like they should be able to and the defense weren't playing poor passes it wouldn't have mattered as much

gregorrin10

Very lucky.

Every player underperformed. Suarez and Busquets were especially terrible.

Clearly showing everyone that they're just not starter material anymore. Pique pretty much the same. They know it, we all know it. Except the guy, who actually decides who will play.

gregorrin10

After that Messi goal after just 2 minutes, in the Pep days we would've followed up with adding another 3 by half time. Makes you wanna cry almost, but at this point i'm just numb to it all really. Just waiting for that 3rd knock out humiliation, probably in the first round already, if we get unlucky with the draw and get a solid team right away as our opponents. Then we'll probably appoint Koeman until the elections.

Last edited:

blueandclaret

What an embarrassing win. I don’t think I’ve ever thought Barca have a 0% chance of winning the CL, but this year I do. This team plays like a bunch of pussies on the road (even in the group stages now). It’s really amazing how many holes Ter Stegen covers on this team. I will be very happy the day Suarez and Busi are gone.

blueandclaret

In the last 3 seasons in UCL, Messi is our leading scorer with 19 goals. Second leading scorer are own goals from other teams with 7. How damn sad is that?

Gnidrologist

Ernesto Valverde: "This was the game I expected it to be. It was very clear that whenever we lost the ball, they were dangerous going forward. At the end, we were more calm, despite the close score""You have to know how to play these types of games if you want to succeed. We lacked some calmness in the opposite half. However, we still had chances, which were clearer than the ones of the opponent".:valverde2:
[intelligence] So, it was what it was?

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Wow just wow. So now we get dominated by teams like Slavia...
Shots Slavia 24 vs our 13 :lol:
And the way they tried to actually get a draw in the last 10min, it reminded me of times when we were playing against Mourinho's Chelsea and they were in the box all defending and we were trying to break them. Except now we looked like Mourinho's Chelsea...

Kul_z

That was shocking. We had to lose.
There is no clear plan, we dont play on posession, we dont play on counters, we dont play through middle, we dont run. Busquets defending and running is painful to watch.
Busquets and suarez needs to go out from starting 11 at least on away games.

De jong arthur
Griez
Dembele messi fati

One player walking, 9 players running and pressing. De jong, arthur, griez, dembele and fati are all capable of pressing like mad dogs, especially griez and de jong.

With this lineup we would be less exposed, and messi gets the pass for walking.

Messi and suarez can only coexist if they interchange their positions for pressing and defending. If messi is ready to run for his pal a bit more then fine, if not, suarez on bench.
I was shocked how high slavia played the defence, like they are aware that we dont have any runners in lineup capable of running behind the defenders, or actually be a threat. This game was like a warmup party for KO humiliation in sight.

FinBarcelonafan

That was shocking. We had to lose.
There is no clear plan, we dont play on posession, we dont play on counters, we dont play through middle, we dont run. Busquets defending and running is painful to watch.
Busquets and suarez needs to go out from starting 11 at least on away games.

De jong arthur
Griez
Dembele messi fati

One player walking, 9 players running and pressing. De jong, arthur, griez, dembele and fati are all capable of pressing like mad dogs, especially griez and de jong.

With this lineup we would be less exposed, and messi gets the pass for walking.

Messi and suarez can only coexist if they interchange their positions for pressing and defending. If messi is ready to run for his pal a bit more then fine, if not, suarez on bench.
I was shocked how high slavia played the defence, like they are aware that we dont have any runners in lineup capable of running behind the defenders, or actually be a threat. This game was like a warmup party for KO humiliation in sight.

Exactly. We have no threat. Griez Suarez and Messi are all slow in counters.

Centauri B

At the early stages of the season I am always willing to give a team a pass for a few poor performances here and there, because the team may not be physically ready, some players may not have had a good pre-season etc etc. Especially since we had so many injury concerns I was willing to give our team a pass.

But, the game last night was a perfect chance for us to showcase our power against a rather weak opponent. We had everyone available, we went ahead very early on but still our overall performance was disappointing to say the least. With this level of play, PSG, City & Liverpool will humiliate us. It's as simple as that.

The major issues I see with the team are as follows:

1) Suarez should be playing a lot less, definitely should not be starting any away games in the Champions League.

2) Busquets should also be playing a lot less. Put FDJ in his position & try Vidal or something else further afield.

3) Messi should try sending his phenomenal passes to players who are not Suarez.

4) We should try something other than 4-3-3, especially in CL away games, I think we are not good enough for that anymore.

5) Grease should be tried at CF.

Home of Barca Fans