CL | Round 1: FC Barcelona - Bayern Munchen 0-3

serghei

They have no future. Besides Fati(if he recovers) and De Jong, they re shit. Yes, you heard me. Pedri is very overrated.

They have a whole lot of a better future than 34-36 years old questionable professionals who should already be close to retirement. You have to understand that there are veterans like Cristiano Ronaldo, Lewandowski, and veterans like Busi and Pique who have no motivation left and who have checked out for years.

The current lot of veterans is shameful compared with guys like Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, Dani Alves, who left and moved on when they couldn't keep up the pace. Didn't stand around to become the party joke of teams like Bayern and such.

It's simple. The real leaders left or retired, the shameful betas remained to get paid on past glory while being crap and making a fool out of themselves every season in CL.

Last edited:

SmilerBam

They have a whole lot of a better future than 34-36 years old questionable professionals who should already be close to retirement. You have to understand that there are veterans like Cristiano Ronaldo, Lewandowski, and veterans like Busi and Pique who have no motivation left and who have checked out for years.

The current lot of veterans is shameful compared with guys like Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, Dani Alves, who left and moved on when they couldn't keep up the pace. Didn't stand around to become the party joke of teams like Bayern and such.

It's simple. The real leaders left or retired, the shameful betas remained to get paid on past glory while being crap and making a fool out of themselves every season in CL.
Araujo. Pedri. Gavi. They re not better than our seniors. It s true we have a shit coach too, so it s hard to develop players under Koeman.

Nazario1985

Thats not the point. We know the kids are worse than amigos, but kids might have a future. Amigos are only going downhill 100%.

We are not a kindergarten, kid or no kid you have to show something and not just gamble on a bunch of them.

The reason we could easily replace previous generation is the most youngsters and signings were good or at least promising (not counting Messi as it will not be fair).

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
This is essentially what I am talking about, where we are seriously lacking:

The difference with Bayern

By Santi Nolla

"The physique of Lewandowski , Goretzka or Davies is very different now from when they arrived at Bayern . The German club makes them stronger in how they arrive. At Bar?a sometimes they come out weaker than how they landed. Coutinho arrived with Klopp's training at Liverpool and the Brazilian was actively involved in winning the double that year. Then he went more puny to Bayern where he improved his physical preparation.

Talking about physique at Bar?a is taboo because it opposes technique, when they are complementary. That difference is very old, when football was very different and at the base they were looking for tall and powerful guys in teams that were not Bar?a and the Blaugrana chased the players. The best trilogy in the history of Bar?a ( Messi , Xavi and Iniesta ) was of short guys, but very fast with the ball at their feet and with a very high physical tone.

The key to the physique is not the complexion or the height, it is the speed and not only in its athletic aspect, but of the ball. The key to Bar?a's scheme is based much more on the speed of the ball and the pressure to recover the ball than on pure possession. For both issues impeccable physical preparation is essential. Slow possession is giving your opponent a lot of advantage, untimely pressure is giving away transitions.

Adjusting the pace of the game to comfortable positions is a fatal mistake. The club must go for the encounter with the maximum intensity and the speed required to break the opponent. Busquets was right yesterday when he said that it was important to be unpredictable. Slow soccer is the most predictable thing in the world."

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/fc-barcelona/20210914/1001687939/diferencia-bayern.html

Nazario1985

You can't compare a Spanish club to a German club to a British club.

We were NEVER on par with the Germans on that area, and we should NOT be chasing it. (still remembering how specially RMD had the upper hand back in the day over German teams even if the Germans did run like crazy and RMD players literally walking).

We play good fucking football like we used to and we know how and that's it.

Right now we are wasting our time, you can't see what's wrong or right with a coach like Koeman.

Asylum15

Well, that was rough but also totally expected.

Few thoughts:
- We started the game quite well with confident passing and a good tempo. However as almost always with us over the last few years, once we suffer constant waves of high press with all our players standing 5 yards apart within our own half, we struggle, make mistakes and gift chances away. This sways the momentum of the game into the oppositions direction and we suffer.
- WHY the FUCK did we buy that useless tall Dutch cunt? I mean really? Did great to offload Antoine then fucking pay this guys wages. Honestly, he wouldn't even start for Watford. Koeman suggesting we've never had a player like him and he's surprised.... Um, tonight is EXACTLY why! He doesn't fit our system, our philosophy, our mentality and he's even BAD at the stuff he's meant to be good at like holding up the fucking ball or being physical against CBs and making space for others. Woeful debut and I SWEAR if we see him alot this year, I'll cry.
- Nice to see our young players showing spirit and fighting. Gavi has caught my eye a few times as has Demir, although Demir will have learned a lesson for their 3rd goal as he should have released much sooner.
- We've a long road ahead and tonight was just further proof of this. I dare say this but I honestly think we'll struggle to get out of the group and it might be necessary because we'll definitely be embarrassed in the next rounds.

snowy

Not going to happen. We are the victim of of our own success, or our legacy. Everybody from the president down to the manager, whoever they are, insist that we need to play the so-called Cruyffist football which has morphed into the moniker for our slow-assed football for the past many years, unjustly. The president will continue to impose this on any manager that will come, and it will end up confining him.

Laporta is known for being a volcanic hysterical opinionated Gambayole but what's to stop Koe from flipping him the swan and play whichever way he wants too?

He knows he won't be renewed anyways and it's his last chance to stamp his sig on this club he loves. Why would he let a fat ex-lawyer dictate his style of play lol

For once I'd like to be hard-headed, play full attack with the new gen and go out with a bang!

As for the vet, I dunno, send'em to coach Barca B or give motivational speeches in Asia or something :brevet:

Home of Barca Fans