CL Round 1: Barca - Royal Antwerp 5-0

JohnN

we have been dominating RM with a worst squad. we need to turn the mentality around and make the players play like they are the best team in the world against anyone.

Devils

We smashes these Beglian hoes like they were nothing.

Complete annihilation.

Felix and Cancelo have just been a different level so far. I can't believe it.

KingLeo10

Cancelo in particular is one of the most talented fullbacks I've seen, in the attacking half. Like just a notch below the Alves and Marcelo level :lol:

Was raging when Pep offered him to Bayern last season for virtually free...

Messigician

Cancelo in particular is one of the most talented fullbacks I've seen, in the attacking half. Like just a notch below the Alves and Marcelo level :lol:

Was raging when Pep offered him to Bayern last season for virtually free...
He starts well then attitude issues develop...

Messi983

Good game but we started last season with a 5-1 win against Plzen too. Something feels different with this team compared to a year ago though. Hopefully can keep good form but Porto will clearly be a more serious test.

Opinions on Vermeeren? Will rewatch the game and concentrate more on him but I think he did ok considering a big quality difference between the teams.

The script of the match, however, did not allow Barça's sports leadership to draw too many conclusions. The Catalan team was extremely superior to Antwerp and Vermeeren, like all his teammates, was not comfortable on the pitch. Accustomed to leading his team and registering an average of 66.5 interventions and 43.5 passes with an 85% success rate per game in the Belgian Pro League, his numbers against one of his many European football suitors – also found on the agenda of clubs like Manchester United and Borussia Dortmund – were much more modest.

The Antwerp midfielder, who played the entire match, finished with 44 touches, 31/34 passes, two long balls completed, four duels won, four losses, two clearances and two interceptions. Without fanfare or exuberance, Vermeeren was one of the most outstanding players on his team against Barça. Xavi Hernández, in a press conference, highlighted his ability to “exchange his position” with the other member of the double pivot, Mandela Keita, and “make it difficult for Barcelona” to get the ball out.

“Well, little has come into play. We dominated the game a lot, but I think Van Bommel is doing a great job with him. "He hasn't been comfortable from the 20th minute onwards, it's clear, but he's a very good footballer," analyzed the Egarense coach after Barça's 'little hand' in the continental premiere regarding a player whom Marc
Overmars, former culé player and current sports director from Antwerp, imagines himself at the Spotify Camp Nou in the future. “I have no doubt that he has a fantastic level. The first time I saw him he reminded me of Xavi and Iniesta, he is a player with the same profile," he declared on 'Cadena SER' before the match.

Iniesta Ultra

called it 5-0 and it was like ment to be. unlucky not to score 8.
yamal with important lesson on selfish decisions but still.. he is a menace.

The hype already got to his ego. As long as he doesn't ignore tap in assists when games aren't decided yet.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

The hype already got to his ego. As long as he doesn't ignore tap in assists when games aren't decided yet.
Dude its normal you are 16 and have the chance to become the youngest Ucl goal scorer ever, who would not try it? He has been pretty unselfish overall considering he has the chance for that record

CatalinR10

@CatalinR10
@Andresito
Feyenoord - celtic btts. Trust me

Don't think that I forgot about you boyo !

r4Wcs24.jpg

Typical Hoeratio L.

Home of Barca Fans